|Game||Tales of Berseria|
|Notable Members|| •Oscar Dragonia|
The Abbey (聖寮 Seiryou?, "Holy Villa"), official name Exorcist's Abbey of the Church of Midgand, is an organization in Tales of Berseria. After the ritual from three years prior to the beginning of the story, known as the Advent, Artorius Collbrande founded the Abbey as a means of fighting daemons with the help of malakhim. During these three years, the Abbey gained much popularity and support. While officially it states the daemonblight is the reason that humans and animals alike turn into daemons, it is a facade to hide the truth behind the origins of daemons: the "impurity", or darkness, within human hearts. Those who fight on behalf of the Abbey are known as exorcists, religious soldiers who quell daemons.
- Oscar Dragonia (オスカー・ドラゴニア Osukaa Doragonia?) – A praetor-rank exorcist from the Abbey who belongs to the Dragonia family, a major aristocracy from the Empire.
- Teresa Linares (テレサ・リナレス Teresa Rinaresu?) – Also a praetor-rank exorcist from the Abbey, as well as Oscar's half-sister.
- Shigure Rangetsu (シグレ・ランゲツ Shigure Rangetsu?) - A legate-rank exorcist of the Abbey and Rokurou Rangetsu's older brother, as well as the head of their family.
- Melchior Mayvin (メルキオル・メーヴィン Merukioru Meevin?) - Another legate-rank exorcist of the Abbey, who is well-versed in the ancient legends and a master in alchemy.
- Artorius Collbrande (アルトリウス・コールブランド Arutoriusu Kouruburando?) – The head exorcist of the Abbey, deemed by the people to be a savior.
- An abbey is a monastery or society of people, secluded from the world and devoted to religion and celibacy.