The ability to use Accelerate Mode is obtained from the "Accel" skill, which also adds the Accelerate Gauge above the character's portrait. Accelerate Mode is activated by pressing the "R2" button when the gauge is filled to at least 50%. What occurs during each character's Accelerate Mode differs based on that character's abilities, but when entering Accelerate Mode, HP is recovered, CC is restored to maximum, and all status ailments are cured. If a character is casting a spell before Accelerate Mode is used, the spell is cast instantly upon its activation, canceling the required spellcasting duration for that spell only.
Accelerate Mode also allows characters to use a new Blast Caliber if it has been obtained through the title mastery skills. If the gauge is at 100%, indicated by the word "MAX", when Accelerate Mode is activated, the player can press "L1" to perform the mystic arte. If the target is in a combo, the mystic arte can be activated any time before the combo ends, regardless of Accelerate Gauge levels.
The individual characters' Accelerate Mode abilities are:
- summons a dark flame which spins around him and deals damage
- increases physical attack power, base CC, HP regeneration, and front step ability
- shoots an arrow into the air which rains a storm of arrows in a small range
- stops time for all enemies, but ineffective against Rockgagan
- halves casting time for all spells
- performs a series of kicks ending with a punch while providing damage immunity
- reduces damage received to 5% and prevents stagger for all allies within the area of effect