|Game|| •Tales of Xillia|
•Tales of Xillia 2
|Height||5'0" / 153 cm|
|Occupation|| •Former Rashugal Noble|
•Member of the Chimeriad
|Japanese Voice Actor||Maaya Sakamoto|
Agria the Shadowless (無影のアグリア Muyou no Aguria?), formerly known as Nadia Travis (ナディア・L・トラヴィス Nadia L. Toravisu?, "Nadia L. Travis"), is a primary antagonist in Tales of Xillia. She is alternatively known as the "Lady in Red".
Agria was originally a Rashugal noble named Nadia Travis, the illegitimate daughter of Eva, a singer, and Count Ferdinand L. Travis. When she was six, her father acknowledged her as his daughter, enabling her to use the Travis name, much to her stepmother's chagrin. Nadia was at first content with her life, despite the bullying she endured from her stepmother and half-siblings. When Nadia was 11, Eva committed suicide, and she finally ran away after her half-sister, Magdalena's, admirers ransacked her room and destroyed her mother's mementos. When Nadia heard rumors that either her brother, Aurignac, or her stepmother, Roberta, killed her mother, Nadia's hatred of her family and the noble society caused her to activate her powers, and she began murdering nobles who got in her way while she slowly went insane in the process.
It was during one of these attacks that Presa found her. Presa offered her a job to spy on Rashugal for Auj Oule, which Nadia accepted. However, this required her to return to the Travis family, and, using their connections, she got a job at the Laforte Research Center. When she was 13, Presa informed her that Rashugal planned to invade Shrade Island, an island that belonged to Auj Oule but was near Rashugal, as well as that her brothers, Rashugal Officers Aurignac and Gravett Travis, would be leading the attack. Presa invited Nadia to join her and the Chimeriad to defend the island and King Gaius. Seeing the opportunity to prove her worth to Gaius, as well as take her revenge, she joined them and killed Aurignac and Gravett. The battle ended in their favor, with only the four of them fighting for Auj Oule. Gaius acknowledged her achievement and re-christened her "Agria". It was at this point that she began training to officially become part of the Chimeriad. After this, she returned to Rashugal to continue her espionage work, and, at an unspecified time, visited the Travis manor and burned it, killing her remaining family in the process.
Tales of Xillia
At the beginning of the story, Agria breaks into the Fennmont Research Laboratory seeking the Lance of Kresnik. However, she flees after fighting Jude Mathis and Milla Maxwell. Later, in Fennmont, Jude and the group encounter and question her concerning the whereabouts of the Lance of Kresnik. Agria refuses to answer, instead opting to fight the group. After the fight, Agria tells them that the way to the Lance was sealed. After deliberately taunting Leia Rolando, Agria flees.
Immediately after Gilland's invasion, Agria sadistically assaults Jude and another soldier, to which Presa proceeds to tell her it is useless to attack them while they are unconscious. The next day, at a temple, she, Gaius, and the rest of the Chimeriad inform Jude they will have to work together in order to stop Gilland. They reclaim their city, capture one of the battleships, and eventually board Gilland's battleship. Later, at the Hollowmount behind Milla's shrine, Agria and Presa fight Jude and the group. After the fight, the terrain collapses, and both Agria and Presa fall to their deaths. While falling, Leia saves her by grabbing her, but Agria refuses to be saved by her and pushes her hand away. In an alternate timeline in Tales of Xillia 2, Leia saves Agria, and the two become friends.
Appearance and Personality
Agria has long, grayish violet hair, fair skin blemished in freckles, and pink eyes. Her attire consists of a red dress donned with black feathers and black thigh-high boots. She walks in a twitchy, uncoordinated manner, and her head lolls from shoulder to shoulder. Agria finds great pleasure in torture and is quick to belittle others with witty comments. Her insistence to find flaws in others may make her seem immature. For example, she mocks Leia's scent and gives her the degrading nickname "Pimple". Due to her child-like nature, Agria has little faith in workmanship and is quite lazy. She does not believe that the stress of daily work can necessarily improve society.
- Agria is a feminine form of the Spanish agrio, meaning "sour", while Nadia is a given name in Poland that derives from the Russian nadežda, meaning "hope".
- Each member of the Chimeriad is named after a body part of the Chimera, a giant monster from legend. Agria translates to "stinger" in the game's lore.
- White is not Agria's natural hair color; in the story, it is revealed that the stress she sustained after running away from home caused her hair's premature whitening.
- Agria has four half siblings: Aurignac, Gravett, Celedonio, and Magdalena.
- Nurse Prinn was Agria's childhood friend, as Prinn's mother was her wet nurse.
- The sylphjay that Alvin uses belongs to Agria and is named "Bobo". Celedonio murdered Bobo's parents at some point. After Agria's death, the party cares for Bobo and is seen using him to communicate with one another in the ending.
- In Tales of Xillia 2, the fractured version of Agria becomes friends with Leia, as well as a journalist with her.
- In Tales of Xillia 2, the player can acquire Agria's model as a skin for the party from the vendor in the Illusionary Darkness for the cost of 20 Ancient Bells. Her shop option is called "Mademoiselle Travis".