Arte Description and History
When this attack is used, a large blast of green wind is shot in a straight line toward the target, damaging everything in its path until it passes away from the battlefield. However, it has a short delay period after finishing the incantation or preparation process, making it easily avoidable in 3D-based battle systems, if the target is fast enough.
In its first appearance in Tales of Eternia, Air Blade is a gun arte used by Max, though functionally, it acts like a spell with a required "preparation" time to load his weapon, instead of an incantation phase. It has an additional option that allows the player to force the launched blast to rise upward if the "Attack" button is pressed, causing more hits and damage to be added, especially to large enemies.
In Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Tempest, the arte is activated like a traditional spell. In Tales of Symphonia, the spell is Genis Sage's "Strike" upgrade from Wind Blade, and its "Technical" counterpart is Air Thrust. After using it 50 times together with Flame Lance, Genis will learn Spiral Flare.
- Tales of Eternia - Max (Air Blade)
- Tales of Symphonia - Genis Sage, Forcystus, The Judged (Air Blade)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Max
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Max, Genis Sage
- Tales of the Tempest - Arria Ekberg
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "The enemy is shot with a spinning ball of energy."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Wind (mid): compressed air slices through the enemy."
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.