Arte Description and History
Air Thrust surrounds the target with sharp blades of wind, dealing many hits quickly while slightly lifting the enemy into the air. This spell is excellent for creating party combos because it can increase the hit count considerably quickly while preventing potential enemy knockdown and leaving it open for further attacks. The animation for this spell sometimes differs in certain entries, usually involving the wind resembling razor-edged discs or saw blades.
In Tales of Symphonia, this spell is from the "Technical" arte branch for Genis Sage, its "Strike" counterpart being Air Blade. Although Genis can choose between these two spells, Kratos Aurion and Zelos Wilder both acquire it, regardless of their disposition. In Tales of Hearts, if either Kohaku Hearts or Hisui Hearts are summoned into battle using the Connect Command panel, and while controlling the opposite character to use both this spell and Cure at the same time, the combination arte becomes Fairy Circle. If Hisui or Beryl Benito are summoned using this spell and Stone Wall, the combination arte becomes Add Pressure.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Swordian Igtenos, Lydon, "Wind Spear" Aura Disc (Air Slash)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Garr Kelvin, Lydon
- Tales of Eternia - Wind Craymel Arte: Meredy, Keele Zeibel (Air Thrust)
- Tales of Symphonia - Genis Sage, Kratos Aurion, Zelos Wilder, Fairess, Forcystus (Air Thrust)
- Tales of Innocence - Spada Belforma
- Tales of Hearts - Kohaku Hearts, Hisui Hearts, Kunzite, Lithia Cattleya
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Raven
- Tales of Xillia - Linked Arte: Milla Maxwell + Rowen J. Ilbert (Air Thrust)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Linked Arte: Milla/Milla Maxwell + Rowen J. Ilbert, Muzét + Milla/Milla Maxwell, Rowen J. Ilbert + Muzét (Air Thrust)
- Tales of Hearts R - Kohaku Hearts, Hisui Hearts, Kunzite, Incarose (Air Thrust)
- Tales of Berseria - Eizen (Air Thrust)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Zelos Wilder
- Tales of the Tempest - Arria Ekberg
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Mage class, Bishop class, Genis Sage Kratos Aurion (Air Thrust)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Mage class, Kanonno Earhart, Garr Kelvin, Keele Zeibel, Genis Sage, Zelos Wilder, Spada Belforma
- Tales of VS. - Kratos Aurion, Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Mage class, Bishop class, Kanonno Earhart, Garr Kelvin, Keele Zeibel, Genis Sage, Zelos Wilder, Spada Belforma, Raven, Kohaku Hearts, Hisui Hearts
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Raven, Hisui Hearts, Zelos Wilder, Rahu Necria, Wind Spawn
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Zelos Wilder, Raven, Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of Link - Meredy, Zelos Wilder (Air Thrust)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny
Localized Description: "Savagely lacerates enemies with air."
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "Shear the enemy with mutliple blades of wind. Wind Arte."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Wind (mid): blades of wind surround and slice the target."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Wind. Magic: Slice any enemy caught within its storm of blades."
Tales of Xillia
Localized Description: "Numerous blades of wind dance around and repeatedly attack enemies in a range centered on their target."
Tales of Berseria
Localized Description: "Creates a multitude of formless blades to appear around the enemy and slice into them."
Japanese Quote: 風の刃よ斬滅しろ！エアスラスト！
Romanized Quote: Kaze no yaiba yo zanmetsu shiro! Easurasuto!
Localized Quote: "Blades of wind, slice them! Air Thrust!"
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology: Character/Class FAQ by Lynkiko GameFAQS (2007) Retrieved on 2012-10-23.