Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arte Description and History
As a spell, its first appearance was in Tales of Symphonia, where it cures any magical ailment for one party member and provides immunity to all magical ailments for a short time. It can be acquired only if Raine Sage is using "Strike" types. If she is heading toward the "Technical" branch of artes, she will learn the "Technical" counterpart, Nullify. In Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R, this spell takes the ability to cure magical ailments and adds to it the ability to cure physical ailments as well.
In Tales of the Abyss, the spell is an FOF Change, and instead of curing magical ailments, it raises the magic defense for one ally. This has become the default version of the spell, appearing in later games with the same effect. It can only be used when Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear casts Resist within a fully-charged Earth or Dark FOF Circle, improving and making permanent its original effect. This effect to increase magic defense is also copied as a Light-elemental strike arte in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.
Anti-Magic first appeared as a skill in Tales of Vesperia, where it negates spells cast on Estelle, drawing from the secondary effect of the spell as it existed in Tales of Symphonia. It retains this effect in Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2, and in the latter, it is the skill that Rowen Ilbert gives to Ludger Kresnik once their affinity is high enough.
- Tales of Symphonia - Raine Sage (Anti-Magic)
- Tales of the Abyss - Natalia L.K. Lanvaldear (Anti-Magic)
- Tales of Innocence R - Ange Serena
- Tales of Vesperia - passive skill: Estelle (Anti-Magic)
- Tales of Hearts R - Kohaku Hearts, Hisui Hearts, Chalcedony Akerman (Anti-Magic)
- Tales of Xillia - passive skill: Rowen J. Ilbert (Anti-Magic)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - passive skill: Rowen J. Ilbert, Ludger Will Kresnik (Anti-Magic)
- Tales of the Tempest - Rubia Natwick
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Rubia Natwick
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Natalia L.K. Lanvaldear, Rubia Natwick
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Micasa, Peallaidh (Anti-Magic)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Healing (mid): dispel and immunize a target to Magical Ailments for a time."
Tales of the Abyss
Japanese Quote: 譜を拒む結晶、アンチマジック！
Romanized Quote: Fu o kobamu kesshou. Anchimajikku!
Localized Quote: "Now, defy fonic artes! Anti-Magic!"
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.