Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arte Description and History
In its original appearance, Aqua Laser is an intermediate spell that Genis Sage can learn in Tales of Symphonia if he is on "Strike" branch line, after mastering Aqua Edge. The spell shoots a large water spiral forward and damages any enemies in its path. Unlike most spells, the direction of Aqua Laser is not determined by Genis's target, but the direction he is facing. For example, if the enemy he had been targeting was killed before he could cast Aqua Laser, the spell would still be cast in that direction unless he targeted another enemy. This spell must be mastered together with Air Blade before learning Atlas.
In Tales of Legendia, this spell is represented by three waves of water that rush along the ground, striking through the target and surrounding area. Due to the elemental system used within the game, Aqua Laser appears as a Sea-elemental intermediate spell. Aqua Laser is introduced as a physical arte in Tales of Innocence, used by Illia Animi. When the arte is used, Illia shoots a Water-elemental blast that moves in a straight line. This arte can also be used in midair. This is one instance of a spell being converted into a physical attack with no spellcasting delay, a pattern that continues with Freeze Lancer, Ground Dasher, Pikohan, and Healer in different games throughout the series.
Aqua Laser appears as an altered arte learned by Rita Mordio in Tales of Vesperia. This game provides a new, third animation for the spell, in which a linear arrangement of several gusts of water splash upward, knocking enemies in range into the air. The spell can be learned by using Splash with the "Dispersion" skill equipped. Aqua Laser is also a physical arte in Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2, used by the Greater Demon monster. It fires a thin stream of water into a wide arc, which then erupts into a wall of water.
- Tales of Symphonia - Genis Sage, Water Element, Pronyma, Sea Horror (Aqua Laser)
- Tales of Legendia - Grune, Walter, Maurits, Nerifes (Aqua Laser)
- Tales of Innocence - Illia Animi
- Tales of Vesperia (X360) - Rita Mordio (Aqua Laser)
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Rita Mordio, Wandering Skeleton
- Tales of Xillia - Greater Demon (Aqua Laser)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Greater Demon (Aqua Laser)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Genis Sage
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Illia Animi
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Illia Animi
- Tales of VS. - Illia Animi
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Water (mid): a high-pressure stream pierces all enemies in its sight."
Localized Quote: "Drown! Aqua Laser!"
Tales of Legendia
Localized Description: "Mid: Rip the enemy apart with high-pressured water. ATR.: Sea"
Tales of Vesperia
Localized Description: "Altered Arte: Cause a stream of water to form beneath to wash away enemies."
Japanese Quote: 蒼き命を讃えし母よ 、破断し清烈なる産声を上げよ！アクアレイザー！
Romanized Quote: Aoki inochi wo tataeshi hahayo, hadan shi sei retsunaru ubugoe wo ageyo! Akuareizaa!
Localized Quote: "O mother praised for her indigo life, break apart and raise thy clear new voice! Aqua Laser!"
Shortened Casting Duration:
Japanese Quote: 打ち上げろ！アクアレイザー！
Romanized Quote: Uchiagero! Akuareizaa!
Translated Quote: "Launch! Aqua Laser!"
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Legendia (PS2) Eres Guide by AncientNova GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.