Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| This article contains contents that are not localized in North America or Europe.|
The following contents have not been released in the English language and are based on data from the Japanese version of this game. Details are subject to change at any given time.
An Avatar (転生者 Tenseisha?, "Reincarnated Person") is a term in Tales of Innocence used to refer to those who are reincarnations of the deities from Devaloka. Near the beginning of the story, the term Fallen One (異能者 Inousha?, "Unknown Ability Person"), or Fallen, is used to identify these people.
Awakened Avatars possess abilities that set them apart from ordinary humans. It is because of this fact that a detainment law regarding the public's safety is issued for Avatars, although this is later revealed to be a plot conceived by Arca and its leader, Mathias. Due to the abilities Avatars posses, they are used as weapons of war, either through direct combat or powering combat machines. Ruca Milda, Illia Animi, and Spada Belforma fall victim to the first of these examples, while Ange Serena and Gardle become subject to the latter. Avatars typically have dreams or visions recalling events in their past lives. In many cases, Avatars are affected by their past lives's actions, thoughts, or emotions, resulting in past betrayals or love affairs that venture into present lives.
Each of the game's protagonists shares a correlation with an antagonist due to their former lives:
- Asras is Maou and split during the reincarnation process, connecting Ruca with Mathias.
- Inanna was the object of Asras's affection, which made Sakuya, who loved Asras, jealous, connecting Illia with Thitose Cxarma.
- Durandal was the brother of Gae Bolg, both having been forged by Vulcan, connecting Spada with Hasta Ekstermi.
- Orifiel was the instructor of Himmel, whom he tried to protect, connecting Ange with Albert Grandeioza.
- Hypnos was the brother of Thanatos, connecting Ricardo Soldato with Gardle.
- Vritra visited Cerberus while he guarded the Manifest, connecting Hermana Larmo with Sian Tenebro.
The below tables provide a visual for both the protagonist and antagonist Avatars, as well as their past selves.
- In Hinduism, an avatar is a deliberate descent of a deity to Earth, or a descent of the Supreme Being, and is mostly translated into English as "incarnation", but more accurately as "appearance" or "manifestation". This directly correlates with Avatars being the descent of deities from Devaloka to Naraka through reincarnation, being the manifestations of those deities.
- ↑ It is not revealed until later in the story that Gardle is not an Avatar, being Thanatos himself and having never reincarnated.