- This article is about the extension and altered arte "Azure Storm". For the Thief class arte that is localized by the same name, see Azure Storm (Thief).
Azure Storm (蒼破追蓮 Souhatsuiren?, "Green Destruction Pursuit Lotus" or "Pale Blast Chasing Lotus") is a more powerful version of Azure Edge, in which two Wind-elemental projectiles are launched, similarly to Double Demon Fang. This arte should not be confused with the generic Thief class arte Azure Storm, which has been localized by the same name but represents a very different attack.
Arte Description and History
Azure Storm was introduced in Tales of Destiny 2, used by Kyle Dunamis as an extension to his base arte Souhajin. This extension can be used only if the skill enchant "Tsuika Tokugi" (追加特技?) is added to Souhajin itself. During battle, it cannot be used separately; it requires Souhajin to be activated, after which the "Attack" button can be held to activate the extension.
This arte also appears in the game Tales of Vesperia, appearing as an altered arte learned by Yuri Lowell. It can be used in place of Azure Edge when Yuri has the skill "Chain" equipped. After 100 uses, it becomes available as a separate arte that no longer requires the skill to be equipped. Additionally, after the same 100 uses, its projectile size and range increases, while its recovery time decreases.
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Dios costume, Dios
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Kyle Dunamis
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Kyle Dunamis, Yuri Lowell
- Tales of VS. - Kyle Dunamis
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Vesperia
Localized Description: "Altered Arte: Unleash two consecutive gales of shockwaves. Effective against far away enemies."
Tales of the Rays
Localized Description: "A two-hit version of Azure Edge."