Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Blastia (魔導器 Madouki / "Burasutia"?, "magic conduction vessel") are technological devices developed by the Geraios Civilization around 1,000 years prior to the events of Tales of Vesperia. Blastia utilize the primeval power of aer to provide the people with the basics of fire, water, light, and most importantly, protection against monsters. These objects achieve their functions by converting aer into energy by way of a formula. They are marked by crests that indicate their attributes. If a blastia breaks, it loses its ability to absorb aer, causing it to malfunction.
Blastia are composed of two parts: the body and core. The body is the most distinctive part of a blastia, responsible for controlling the magic that is generated by the core. The core is a small sphere inside the body, made with the apatheia of an Entelexeia. Cores produce the magic through formulas which absorb aer. Unlike the body, which is easily produced through artificial means, the core is difficult to make without proper materials, leading many people to steal them.
Blastia were created by the Krityans of the Geraios Civilization in the city of Myorzo. The blastia granted great privileges to them, but they also created disturbances within the aer, eventually bringing about the cataclysm called the Adephagos. By trying to protect the planet, the life and power faded from the "Child of the Full Moon". By powering Zaude with the lives of the "Children of the Full Moon", it created a barrier blastia that sealed the Adephagos.
- Aque blastia is a type of blastia produces clean, pure water for drinking, washing, and any other common use related to water. Yuri Lowell's vigilantist involvement against factions within the Empire begins after he learns of the core that had been stolen from the lower quarter of Zaphias, denying clean water to all who reside there.
- Barrier blastia is blastia with a large body that produces vast blue and white rings for the purpose of covering the perimeter of a town or city, preventing monster from entering. If it ever fails to function, as shown in Dahngrest early in the story, the area immediately becomes susceptible to monsters.
- Bodhi blastia is small blastia commonly crafted into bracelets and necklaces to be worn as accessories by the user. They are sometimes embedded into equipment such as Karol Capel's bag, and used to amplify the wearer's abilities for increased strength.
- Cadis blastia is a small blastia that can replace the heart of a human, allowing them to revive from the dead. It is used by Raven and Yeager.
- Ceres blastia is blastia used to operate ships for crossing water. The Fiertia operates with this blastia.
- Hermes blastia is blastia that was first developed by Hermes, a Krityan who recorded his research in Discourses on Aer under the pen name Ifmunft Nepmayjup. Despite originally living in Aspio, he eventually moved to a Krytian city located on Mt. Temza, where he experiment more efficiently. Using new technology, the Hermes models were intended to revolutionize the technology of blastia. These models are more efficient in converting aer into energy, but they require massive quantities of aer. Due to this, the aer krene began to produce abnormal quantities of aer in order to compensate. The Entelexeia realized the dangers of the Hermes blastia before the humans, and they attempted to destroy these blastia, causing the Great War. Such examples of Hermes models are Ragou's weather machine, Ghasfarost's core spire, and the barrier blastia at Ehmead Hill. Hermes's daughter, Judith, set out to destroy all these blastia with her partner, Ba'ul.
- Hoplon blastia is mobile blastia capable of collecting aer and shooting it at a target, seriously injuring or potentially killing the victim. The tower of Tarqaron is an example of this. The guild Leviathan's Claw markets this type of blastia.
- Lux blastia is a light-emitting blastia that feeds off aer in order to function.
- Thermo blastia is thermometer blastia used to measure temperature. Hermes invented this type of blastia.
- Warp blastia is teleportation blastia that transfers matter from one place to another. One can be found in Myorzo.
- Hermes derives from Hermeneutics, the practice of interpreting texts through both study and theory, which is a reference to Hermes's encrypted Discourses on Aer. Aque is a Novial word meaning "water". Bodhi is an alternate spelling of English word "body". Lux is a word of Latin origin, meaning "light". Thermo is a prefix of Greek origin, meaning "heat".