Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arte Description and History
When executed, the user thrusts into the enemy and spins into the air with a slash that throws the enemy upward with the user, who follows through with an additional thrust and slash as they both fall back to the ground. If the final slash fails to hit the target, the remainder of the attack will be canceled, ending the attack prematurely. If the enemy remains staggered through the final slash, the user continues with a series of rapid thrusts, finishing with a final thrust that makes red rose petals appear around the blade.
In the PlayStation 3 port of Tales of Vesperia, Judith can use this attack as an altered arte if the cameo costume of Rutee Katrea is equipped while using Gekka Tenshoujin until the arte is mastered. After this, Bloody Rose is available as a separate arte that does not require the costume to be equipped.
In Tales of Graces, this arte appears as the mystic arte that Richard uses when he battles the party for the first time. Instead of spinning into the air, Richard simply charges himself with energy before stabbing the enemy several times. He then rushes through the enemy, creating a red rose. Afterward, he pounds his sword on the ground, at which point, the rose explodes. This arte is an evil, red-themed recolored version of his Vertex Rose, which he can use while he is part of the playable cast. This is the first time Bloody Rose is used completely independent of Rutee, as Judith requires the cameo costume in order to use it.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Rutee Katrea (Bloody Rose)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of Destiny 2 (PSP) - Rutee
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Judith
- Tales of Graces - Richard (Bloody Rose)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Rutee (Bloody Rose)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Rutee Katrea (Bloody Rose)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of Wall Breaker - Rutee Katrea
- Namco x Capcom - Rutee Katrea
- Brave Frontier - Rutee Katrea (Bloody Rose)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "Creates a rose-like bloom of blood with lightning quick cuts."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Arcane: Rapid thrusts let loose a beautiful bouquet of blood."
Tales of Graces
Japanese Quote: 鮮血を散れ！薔薇をように！ブラッディ・ローズ！
Romanized Quote: Senketsu wo chire! Bara wo you ni! Buraddi Roozu!
Localized Quote: "Your blood will fall like petals! Bloody Rose!"
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.