This might seem kind of arbitrary, but how do we want to do these?
I was thinking of a breakdown like this.
Artes as a top-level Category.
In Artes, we can have the sub-categories:
- Strike Artes
- Angel Skills (Because they're spread on Strike Arte/Spells/Mystic Artes/Unison Attacks)
- Fonic Hymns (Can be put into Spells)
- Combination Artes
- Unison Attacks
- Enemy Artes
- Burst Artes
- Mystic Artes
- Altered Artes (can be sub-category for both Strike Artes and Spells, but it'll cease to mean much there, as you'll never know which is which)
- FOF Changes (ditto)
In Strike Artes:
- Base Artes
- Master Artes
- Arcane Artes
- Throws (?)
- Anti-Air Artes
- Ground Artes
- Midair Artes
- Power Artes
- Novice Tier Spells
- Intermediate Tier Spells
- Advanced Tier Spells
- Healing Spells
- Support Spells
- Seal Spells
- However you want to class Rebirth's spell system.
- I would go with "Physical Artes" instead of "Strike Artes". Not that it really makes a difference. But I did intend originally to have all spell/melee hybrid stuffs like unisions and FOF's sorted under both groupings, not that I can mark any specific reasons for doing so anymore. I can't argue against revisiting or changing the artes category tree, so it's out of my hands. I'll just add some observations.
- "Stances" should become "Refining Artes". Everyone in Rebirth has two of them, but only Eugene's two are localized, and then removed in RadiMai 2. Eugene's stances in the first RadiMai were listed as base artes, but that cannot apply to the original source game.
- "Throws" refer to Senel's six basic throws, three of which are shared with the generic Grappler/Fighter class as master artes. The "special" throws he has probably should be grouped into a "Compound Eres" category, since Chloe does not have any "standard" counters, and Moses and Jay lack any name for their compounded techniques. All of these should stay with the melee grouping, of course.
- For "Seal Spells", does this refer to Sheena's elemental endowments? I'd shove them into Support. Unless they really are categorized that way in the game, in which case I hate you Namco.
- Rebirth's spell system... facewall in progress. The standard spells are a non-issue, but the "ougi" spells obviously should not become "arcane artes". I don't have the motivation to continue to work on the missing three artes lists either. I probably should do something about that, with Mao in VS and all. But I can guarantee that I'll forget about it again by tomorrow.