Arte Description and History
As the arte appears in most games, the user sweeps upward with a powerful vertical slash, jumping into the air with the upward momentum while creating a large arc that represents a crescent moon. This effect is typical of the Warrior moveset represented by most characters who can use this arte.
This arte has also appeared with a Swordsman variation that involves two slashes, currently exclusive to Guy Cecil from Tales of the Abyss and Judith from Tales of Vesperia. When either uses this attack, they slash upward to create the image of a full moon, then slash down at an angle to slice through the moon, staying rooted to the ground during the attack. Also, unique to Tales of the Abyss, the arte can be used within a complete Water- or Dark-elemental FOF Circle to transform it into Frigid Moon.
- Tales of Symphonia - Presea Combatir (Infliction)
- Tales of the Abyss - Guy Cecil (Crescent Strike)
- Tales of Innocence - Ruca Milda
- Tales of Innocence R - Ruca Milda
- Tales of Vesperia - Judith (Crescent Strike)
- Tales of Hearts - Guy; Support Arte: Presea Combatir
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Presea Combatir
- Tales of the Tempest - Forest Ledoyen
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Warrior class (Crescent Strike)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Warrior class, Presea Combatir, Guy Cecil, Ruca Milda
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Warrior class, Presea Combatir, Guy Cecil, Ruca Milda
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Presea Combatir (Infliction); Cutscene: Presea Combatir (Crescent Strike)
- Tales of VS. - Presea Combatir, Ruca Milda
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Guy Cecil
- Tales of Mobile: Tales of Wahrheit - Kalulu von Atmigars
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Presea Combatir, Guy Cecil, Ruca Milda
- Tales of Link - Guy (Crescent Strike), Guy Cecil, Judith
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): Crescent Strike
- Tales of Innocence (Absolute Zero): Crescent Strike
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Lv. 1 Sp. Attack: the axe swing draws a moon in the air."
Tales of the Abyss
Localized Description: "Draw a moon with one slash, then slice it in half with another slash."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Base: The blade carves the shape of a moon."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-04-07.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of the Abyss (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by Gray Fox GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2009-06-20.