Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the arte localized as "Demon Attack", known in Japan as "Marian". For the minor character who goes by the same name, see Marian Fustel.
Demon Attack (魔人闇 Marian?, "Demon Person Darkness") is a Dark-elemental arte most commonly associated with Leon Magnus. The Japanese name involves a pun due to alternative kanji readings, referencing the caretaker of Leon, Marian Fustel, of whom he is quite fond.
Arte Description and History
When this arte is used, Leon gathers energy in his sword before thrusting forward at the enemy, engulfing his blade with dark energy to extend its range. In the original Tales of Destiny, this is Leon's strongest arte, as well as the only arte that can be chained after any of his other artes. It is featured as his signature attack in Tales of Eternia as the final part of Meredy's Destiny summon.
In PlayStation 3 port of Tales of Vesperia, this arte appears for the first time as used by someone other than Leon, as a cameo costume arte. Yuri Lowell must equip the "Judas" costume title to be able to use the arte, but after 100 uses, it is available to Yuri as a separate arte that does not require the title. Notably, Judas almost never uses the arte himself while donning this particular persona, as it is absent from his movelist in any game except the crossover Namco x Capcom, but the arte Majin Messatsuen is derived from Demon Attack.
The Japanese naming scheme is unique to this arte and is both explored and parodied in the Peach Gummy episode of Viva - Tales Of!. Judas says the purpose of a person's most powerful attack is to protect the one that is most important to them; by giving this arte as an example, it shows that Marian is the most important person to Leon. The other members of the cast proceed to take it to parodic heights by assigning first names and then phrases with kanji whose pronunciations match the original but whose meanings are excessively brutal and dramatic.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Leon Magnus (Demon Attack)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Leon Magnus
- Tales of Eternia - Destiny Summon: Leon Magnus
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Yuri Lowell
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Leon Magnus
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Leon Magnus
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Leon Magnus (Demon Attack)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Leon Magnus
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Leon Magnus
- Tales of VS. - Leon Magnus
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Leon Magnus
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Leon Magnus
In-Game Description and Battle Quotes
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Arcane: Focus pure darkness and thrust it forward."