Arte Description and History
Two different but related versions of this arte exist, sharing mostly similar functions and Japanese names. The two versions differ with only the third kanji character: "kick" (蹴?) is used mostly by characters that have a fighting style that matches the Monk abilities, and "overlap" (襲?) is used exclusively by Sophie in Tales of Graces and Anise Tatlin in Tales of the Abyss.
The arte enables the user to jump above the enemy before rapidly shooting into the ground with powerful force, usually with the knee or foot first. This creates a short-range shock wave in the air, while setting the character up to continue the combo with a ground-based arte. The initial jump can be canceled if the user is already in the air when they activate it, or if the user links to it from any anti-air attack.
In Tales of the Abyss, similarly to the original Eagle Dive, the arte allows Anise to command Tokunaga to jump into the air before dropping down to create the same short-ranged shock wave. However, unlike the original arte, Anise's version cannot be used in the air, nor can she have its initial jump canceled. In this game, the arte can be used within a complete Water or Dark FOF Circle to transform it into Frigid Raptor.
- Tales of Eternia - Farah Oersted (Eagle Dive)
- Tales of Symphonia - Regal Bryant, Farah Oersted (Eagle Dive)
- Tales of the Abyss - Anise Tatlin (Eagle Dive)
- Tales of Graces - Sophie (Eagle Dive)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Grappler costume
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Regal Bryant
- Tales of Eternia Online - Fighter class
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Monk class, Farah Oersted, Anise Tatlin
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Monk class, Farah Oersted, Anise Tatlin, Sophie
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Regal Bryant (Eagle Dive)
- Tales of VS. - Farah Oersted, Anise Tatlin
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Farah Oersted
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "Rise far above and dive into the enemy with a destructive force."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Lv. 1 Sp. Attack: a rapid descent that is linkable to ground or anti-air attacks."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.