Eternal Slasher (空間翔転移 Kuukan Shouten'i?, "Spatial Soar Transfer"), known alternatively as Lunge and Chaos Lunge, is one of the space-time attacks unique to Cress Albane from Tales of Phantasia and Mithos Yggdrasill in Tales of the Rays.
Arte Description and History
Eternal Slasher is an arte where Cress surrounds himself with a column of rising energy, effectively preventing anyone from getting close. He then teleports in front of the targeted enemy, dealing a combo of sword slashes before retreating and preventing reprisal. It is modified to match the nature of the battle system in Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave, as Cress does not teleport directly in front of the enemies, but instead from where he has used this arte, and he also does not retreat to where he used it after the final slash.
It is used in Cress's Tales of Eternia coliseum battle, though he only seems to use it when Reid Hershel is dizzy. Elements of this arte can be seen in his mystic arte Eternal Blade, as the second part of that arte is a teleport into the air surrounded by rising energy. In Tales of Xillia 2, the move was localized as "Chaos Lunge", the name usually given to the arcane arte derived from this arte and Chaos Blade. In Tales of the Rays, this arte is Light-elemental.
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) - Cress Albane
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX / iOS) + Full Voice + Cross Edition - Cress Albane (Eternal Slasher)
- Tales of Phantasia (GBA) + Mobile - Cress Albane (Lunge)
- Tales of Eternia - Cress Albane (Eternal Slasher)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Cress Albane (Chaos Lunge)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Cress Albane
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Cress Albane
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Cress Albane
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Cress Albane
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Cress Albane
- Tales of VS. - Cress Albane
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Cress Albane
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) (DeJap Translations): Teleport
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX) (Absolute Zero): Teleport / Void Shift
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (Kajitani-Eizan): Teleport
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): Teleport
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Phantasia (SFC)
Japanese Description: 時空剣技の一つ。敵の前方へ瞬間移動し連続攻撃する技
Romanized Description: Jikuukengi no hitotsu. Teki no zanpou e shunkan idoushi renzoku kougeki suru waza
Translated Description (DeJap Translations): "Teleport to the enemy, scoring up to four hits."
Tales of Phantasia (PSX) + Full Voice Edition
Translated Description (Absolute Zero): "A space-time ability that uses teleportation to strike the enemy without warning."
Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
Japanese Description: 時空剣技の一つ。敵の前へ瞬間移動し連続攻撃する
Romanized Description: Jikuukengi no hitotsu. Teki no sen e shunkan idoushi renzoku kougeki suru
Localized Description: "One of the space-time attacks. Instantly move to enemy and unleash a combo."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Cless' Rare Move in TOE by magnadeus YouTube (2007-08-08) (2009-05-21)
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 2/2 by JPuga GameFAQs (2001-07-15) Retrieved on 2009-07-01.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (GBA) FAQ/Walkthrough by sonicfreak77 GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.