Arte Description and History
When activated, a glowing circle will appear beneath the spellcaster, and the symbols that appear on the selected target when using Barrier appears on all party members on the battlefield. While this eliminates the need to cast Barrier four separate times for each character, the duration of the defense boost is shorter by comparison. In Tales of Symphonia, this spell is from Raine Sage's "Technical" arte branch, which focuses more on area-of-effect spells. Permaguard is the equivalent in the "Strike" branch, which focuses on single-target spells.
- Tales of the Tempest - Rubia Natwick
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Priest class, Raine Sage (Field Barrier)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Bishop class, Raine Sage, Rubia Natwick
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Raine Sage, Rubia Natwick, Ange Serena
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Healing (mid): increase all party member's defense for a time."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Temporarily raise all allies' Defense."
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology: Character/Class FAQ by Lynkiko GameFAQS (2007) Retrieved on 2012-10-23.