Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fiery Beast (獅吼爆炎陣 Shikou Bakuenjin?, "Lion Roar Explode Flame Formation") and Thunder Beast (獅吼爆雷陣 Shikou Bakuraijin?, "Lion Roar Explode Thunder Formation") are Fire- and Lightning-elemental artes that are based on the Beast arte.
Arte Description and History
When either arte is used, the user slams the target, as if initiating a Beast attack. Then, the user follows with a large and explosive blast of fire or lightning, knocking down all enemies within the affected area. Fiery Beast first appeared in the original Tales of Destiny as one of Stahn Aileron's Sacred Skills, combining Force and Flare Tornado. Stahn would use this arte in his appearance in Meredy's Destiny summon in Tales of Eternia, though it remains unnamed in all releases following the original Japanese PlayStation version.
It appeared next in Tales of Symphonia, as a Unison Attack that combines the Beast arte or its higher-tier upgrades with the Fire-elemental intermediate or advanced tier spells of the game. The lightning form of this arte, Thunder Beast, was introduced originally as one of Lilith Aileron's artes for the coliseum cameo battle in the Tales of Phantasia remake versions for the PlayStation, PlayStation Portable, and iOS. She did not have this arte in her dummied character data from the original Tales of Destiny, nor does she have the arte in the remake versions of this game.
In Tales of the Abyss, Thunder Beast can be activated by using Beast within a complete Wind or Light FOF Circle. Nebilim, however, can use it as both an arcane arte and an FOF Change. However, when Shikou Bakuenjin appeared in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology and Tales of Xillia 2, it appeared as the Fire-elemental version, but it was also localized as "Thunder Beast", despite the use of the original kanji characters to represent the Fire element.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Stahn Aileron (Hellfire)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron, Dymlos
- Tales of Eternia - Destiny summon: Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Symphonia - Compound Special Attack: Lloyd Irving + Genis Sage/Kratos Aurion/Zelos Wilder (Fiery Beast)
- Tales of Hearts - Combination Arte: Kor Meteor + Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Clint
- Tales of Graces ƒ (PS3) - Richard (Fiery Beast)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Stahn Aileron (Thunder Beast)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Stahn Aileron (Thunder Beast)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of VS. - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX / iOS) + Full Voice + Cross Edition - Lilith Aileron
- Tales of the Abyss - Guy Cecil, Nebilim (Thunder Beast)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny
Localized Description: "Groups the enemy together with Force and burns them with bursts of lava."
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3
Translated Description (Kajitani-Eizan): "Beast with rising fireballs."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Arcane: Unleash searing flames to incinerate all around."
Tales of the Abyss
Localized Description: "Arte: Stop the enemy with a lion's battle cry, then attack with lightning"
User: Guy Cecil
Localized Quote: "Brilliant Lightning! Thunder Beast!"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-03-19.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by GheddonLN GameFAQs (2003) Retrieved on 2008-03-19.