Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arte Description and History
As it appears in most games, the spell summons several spears of ice to pierce a target, encasing the target within the ice, which is then shattered into pieces. In Tales of Destiny 2, a massive iceberg is dropped from the sky onto the enemies on the field.
The spell first appears in Tales of Destiny 2 as the strongest Water-elemental spell in the game. All three playable female characters learn this spell, but only Reala and Harold Belserius are capable of extending this spell into Aqua Rimms, a mystic arte that summons the Summon Spirit of Water, Undine. The optional boss, Magnadeus, can cast this same spell and extension together as a counter to Resurrection.
In Tales of Rebirth, the spell itself becomes a mystic arte, activated as a combination between Veigue Lungberg and Mao. Mao summons burning bolts from the sky to crash into the enemies, after which Veigue leaps in and slashes multiple times with his sword encased in ice to entomb his foes in a massive iceberg. As one, the two then shoot forward and strike the iceberg.
Final Embrace reappears in the PlayStation 2 remake of Tales of Destiny as Rutee Katrea's third Blast Caliber. In her version, Rutee slashes Atwight Eks and unleashes a wave of frost in front of her. Jumping into the air, she causes icicles to rise out of the frost, piercing her foes. Surrounding everything in an icy cyclone, Rutee calls swords of ice to appear in the air and impale her enemies at once before the frost explodes into a pyre of icy energy. She takes this mystic arte version with her in her cameo battle in the PlayStation Portable release of Tales of Destiny.
In Tales of Xillia 2, Rutee uses this arte in the arena cameo ending, localized as "Final Embrace", alongside her fellow cameo characters' mystic artes.
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2) - Reala, Nanaly Fletcher, Harold Berselius, Forneus, Fortuna, Magnadeus
- Tales of Destiny 2 (PSP) - Reala, Harold Berselius, Nanaly Fletcher, Magnadeus, Rutee Katrea
- Tales of Rebirth - Fusionic Force Finality: Veigue Lungberg + Mao
- Tales of Legendia - Will Raynard, Solon (Final Embrace)
- Tales of Innocence R - Illia Animi, Kongwai Tao, Nepenthes, Ice Soul, Mathias Venus
- Tales of Hearts - Beryl Benito, Byrocks Burrows, Chrino-Seraph, Incarros-ILL
- Tales of Hearts R - Hisui Hearts, Beryl Benito (Final Embrace)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Cutscene: Rutee Katrea (Final Embrace)
- Tales of Zestiria - Edna (Final Embrace)
- Tales of Berseria - Magilou, Teresa
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Elrane costume, Reala, Jababa
- Tales of the Tempest - Rubia Natwick
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Mage class, Bishop (Final Embrace)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Mage class, Bishop class, Reala, Harold Berselius, Deus Ex Machina
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Kanonno Grassvalley, Pasca Kanonno, Reala, Harold Berselius, Will Raynard
- Tales of VS. - Nanaly Fletcher, Harold Berselius
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Reala, Elrane
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny 2
Japanese Quote: 主らの努力、全て水の泡とするも一興
Romanized Quote: Omora no doryoku, subete mizu no awa to suru mo ikkyou.
Tales of Rebirth
- Mao: 燃えさかれ、紅蓮の炎！
- Veigue: 今楽にしてやる！
- Mao: 行けぇぇ！
- Both: 奥義！インブレイスエンド！
- Mao: Moe sakare, guren no honoo!
- Veigue: Ima raku ni shiteyaru!
- Mao: Ikeee!
- Both: Ougi! Inbureisuendo!
- Mao: "Blaze brightly, O scarlet lotus!"
- Veigue: "I shall put an end to your misery now!"
- Mao: "Gooo!"
- Both: "Ougi! Embrace End!"
Tales of Legendia
Localized Description: "High: Bury the enemy in a coffin made of ice."
Localized Quote: "Maiden of ice who sleepest in silent forest, grace my enemies with your pure smile and offer them thy bosom! Final Embrace!"
Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut
Japanese Quote: 氷霧に彷徨え！凍牙に果てよ！冷気に抱かれて刹那に沈め！インブレイスエンド！
Romanized Quote: Hyoumu ni samayoe! Touga ni hateyo! Reiki ni dakarete setsuna ni shizume! Inbureisuendo!
Translated Quote: "Wander in frigid mist! Perish to frozen fangs! Embrace the cold at the moment you fall! Embrace End!"
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Bring an enemy to its end within a coffin of ice."
Tales of Zestiria
Localized Description: "Traps enemies with a cold blast and seals them in a block of ice. Higher seraphic arte of Air Pressure."
Japanese Quote: 氷海凍てる果て逝くは奈落！インブレイスエンド！
Romanized Quote: Hyoukai iteru hate iku wa naraku! Inbureisuendo!
Localized Quote: "Your frozen corpse is goin' to hell! Final Embrace!"
If the enemy's level is lower than Edna's:
Japanese Quote: インブレインブレ～！ スエンドスエンド～！
Romanized Quote: Inbure inbure~! Suendo suendo~!
Localized Quote: "Time for your embrace! Finally!"
- ↑ Tales of Rebirth Artes/Ougis Tales of Surprise Retrieved on 2010-07-12.
- ↑ Tales of Legendia (PS2) Eres Guide by AncientNova GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-03-11.
- ↑ Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology: Character/Class FAQ by Lynkiko GameFAQS (2007) Retrieved on 2012-10-31.