Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Final Fury (殺劇舞荒剣 / 殺劇舞荒拳 Satsugeki Bukouken?, "Kill Drama Dance Rough Sword/Fist"), also named Assassin and Fatal Fury, is an arcane and mystic arte used by several characters in the Tales series.
Arte Description and History
Final Fury began as one of Stahn Aileron's strongest sacred skills in the original PlayStation release of Tales of Destiny. Stahn throws his shield away and then begins a long series of strikes, ending with a huge blast of flame. It is upgraded to be his second level Blast Caliber in the PlayStation 2 release.
In the PlayStation release of Tales of Phantasia and all those derived from it, Cress Albane learns to use the arte when he levels up to over level 100 while his S&D weapon is equipped. To use the entire arte, the player has to press these buttons in order while the attack is occurring: O, X, ↑ + O, ↓ + X, ↑ + SQUARE, O, O, and ↓ + SQUARE. The requirement is removed in the iOS version due to the lack of buttons. It should be noted that Satsugeki Bukouken is classified as a base arte in this game, despite its requirements. The entire arte is a reference to Stahn, as the S%D is his sword and requires defeating Lilith Aileron, his sister, to obtain.
In Tales of the Abyss, this arte is a mystic arte used by Anise Tatlin. It can be performed by using an arcane strike arte and holding down the "Arte" button while in Over Limit mode. Anise must have the AD Skill "Special" in order to use it. Anise's doll, Tokunaga, punches the opponent multiple times and eventually leaps into the air, where it then launches a blast of energy at them. She has two quotes for this arte: one normal and one alternative that will be used if Luke fon Fabre and Jade Curtiss are not in the battle and Ion is not with the party. If the player holds down the "Arte" button button throughout the arte in later playthroughs, it can be extended into Dying Moon (十六夜天舞 Izayoi Tenbu?, "Sixteenth Night Heaven Dance"). In many escort titles, Dying Moon is used to identify Anise's mystic arte, although the arte itself is a combination of these two artes.
In Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Final Fury: Hungry Wolf (殺劇舞荒拳・貪狼 Satsugeki Bukouken: Donrou?) is a variant of the typical arte, used by Regal Bryant. Regal dives down, creating a fissure and then kicks the enemy about nine times, finishing with a back-kick. Additionally, in Tales of Hearts, the arte is a mystic arte that can be used by Kohaku Hearts. Kohaku kicks and smashes the enemies with her rod a dozen times or so, then kicks them down to the ground, ending with a spin and smash kick. In Tales of Zestiria, the Dark Turtlez's version, written as Final Furyz Blade (殺劇吹こう剣 Satsugeki Bukouken?), is a direct parody of Kohaku's version using fish instead of flowers, as they share the same Japanese voice actor.
In Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2, the move is a mystic arte that can be executed by Jude Mathis while in Over Limit mode and activated by using Savage Roar while holding the "Attack" button. It is also a shared mystic arte between Stahn and Cress in their cameo battle, as they each use their individual versions of the arte before ending with simultaneous fire blasts.
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX / iOS) + Full Voice + Cross Edition - Cress Albane (Final Fury)
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Stahn Aileron (Assassin)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Linked Mystic Arte: Cress Albane + Stahn Aileron (Final Fury)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Cress Albane
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Stahn Aileron (Final Fury)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of VS. - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Eternia - Farah Oersted (Fatal Fury)
- Tales of the Abyss - Anise Tatlin (Final Fury)
- Tales of Innocence R - Kohaku
- Tales of Hearts - Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of Hearts R - Kohaku Hearts (Final Fury)
- Tales of Xillia - Jude Mathis (Final Fury)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Mathis (Final Fury)
- Tales of Berseria - Jude Mathis
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Monk class, Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Monk class, Farah Oersted, Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of VS. - Farah Oersted, Anise Tatlin, Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Kohaku Hearts, Jude Mathis
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Kohaku Hearts, Jude Mathis
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Kohaku Hearts, Jude Mathis
- Tales of Link - Jude Mathis (Final Fury), Anise Tatlin, Kohaku Hearts
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "Uses various normal attacks as a combo attack."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "A rush of slashes that unleash the flames of hell."
Tales of Xillia 2
Tales of the Abyss
Japanese Quote: 荒れ狂う殺劇の宴、殺劇舞荒拳！とどめー！
Romanized Quote: Arekuruu, satsugeki no utage. Satsugeki Bukouken!! Todomee!
Translated Quote: "O violent gala of murder! Satsugeki Bukouken! The finishing blow!"
Localized Quote: "O ravaging tragedy! Final Fury! Let's finish this!"
Alternate Japanese Quote: ヤロー！テメー！ぶっ殺ーす！殺劇舞荒拳！とどめー！
Alternate Romanized Quote: Yarou! Temee! Bukkorooosu! Satsugeki Bukouken!! Todomee!
Alternate Translated Quote: "I'll beat you to death you bastard! Satsugeki Bukouken! The finishing blow!"
Alternate Localized Quote: "I'll kill you bastards! Final Fury! Let's finish this!"
Tales of Hearts
Japanese Quote: 舞い踊れ、桜花千爛の花吹雪！彼岸！霞！八重！枝垂れ！これが私のッ！殺劇舞荒拳！！
Romanized Quote: Mai odore, ouka senran no hanafubuki! Higan! Kasumi! Yae! Shidare! Kore ga watashi no... Satsugeki Bukouken!!
Translated Quote: "Dance with me, O blizzard of a thousand blossoms! Even farther! Arise! Enlarge! Decimate! This is my... Satsugeki Bukoken!!"
Tales of Xillia
Japanese Quote: 殺劇！ はあああぁぁぁッ! 舞荒けぇえええん！
Romanized Quote: Satsugeki! Haaaaaaa! Bukoukeeeeen!
Localized Quote: "Strike! Haaaaaaa! Final Fury!"
Tales of Xillia 2
User: Jude Mathis
Japanese Quote: 諦めないよ！天破！地砕！拳砕けても、開く！殺劇、舞荒拳！！
Romanized Quote: Akiramenaiyo! Tenha! Chiha! Kudaketemo, hiraku! Satsugeki, Bukouken!!
Translated Quote: "I'm not going to give up! Break heaven! Break earth! Even these crushing fists, open! Final, Fury!!"
Localized Quote: "It's time! My fists will open the heavens! Final Fury!"
Alternate Japanese Quote: 何を迷ってるんだよ、ルドガー？！ エルは... エルはルドガーの家族だろっ！
Alternate Romanized Quote: Nani wo mayotterun dayo, Rudogaa?! Eru wa... Eru wa Rudogaa no kazoku darou!
Alternate Translated Quote: "What are you hesitating for, Ludger?! Elle is... Elle is your family, isn't she?!"
Alternate Localized Quote: "Why are you hesitating?! Think! Is Elle not family to you?!"
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Japanese Quote: 逃がさん！受けてみよ！殺劇舞荒拳！
Romanized Quote: Nigasan! Ukete miyo! Satsugeki Bukouken!
Translated Quote: "I won't let you escape! Try to parry this one! Satsugeki Bukouken!"
Localized Quote: "You're not getting away! Final Fury!"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- ↑ Namco Tales of Forums - Tales of Incantations Tales Forums Retrieved on 2009-12-31.
- ↑ Namco Tales of Forums - Tales of Incantations Tales Forums Retrieved on 2009-04-26.
- ↑ コハク テイルズ オブ ハーツ 攻略まとめWiki (2008-12-19) Retrieved on 2009-07-11.