Arte Description and History
Fire Wall, in its initial form, creates a burst of fire underneath its target. It is a part of a series of elemental "Wall" spells that include Ice Wall and Stone Wall, all of which can be negated with the "Silver Mattock" accessory in the Super Famicom version of Tales of Phantasia.
As part of Stahn Aileron's moveset in the PlayStation 2 remake of Tales of Destiny, this arte allows him to create a short-ranged burst of fire around him, as opposed to at an enemy's location. It also has a non-standard casting animation. Fire Wall is used by the Devil Beast Roparde in Tales of Xillia and its palette swap, Fortune Stepper, in Tales of Xillia 2 after they use Barrier Change to become Fire-elemental. Its animation in these games is identical to Flame Ring, where it inscribes a flaming glyph beneath it. This effect is much like a longer-lasting variation of Stahn's use.
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) - Arche Klein, Adept, Death Charona
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Swordian Dymlos, "Wall of Flame" Aura Disc, Sorcerer (Fire Wall)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron, Dymlos
- Tales of Legendia - Norma Beatty, Melanie, Dark Norma (Fire Wall)
- Tales of Xillia - Roparde (Fire Wall)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Fortune Stepper (Fire Wall)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Fire Dancer costume, Volcanist costume, Physicist costume, Stahn Aileron, Dymlos costume
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Thief costume
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Stahn Aileron (Fire Wall)
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) (DeJap Translations): ?
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): ?
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Phantasia (SFC)
Japanese Description: 炎系攻撃呪文の一つ。燃え上がる炎の壁を巻き起こす
Romanized Description: Honoo-kei kougeki jumon no hitotsu. Moeagaru honoo no kabe wo makiokosu
Translated Description (DeJap Translations): "Burns an enemy in a wall of flame."
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "Traps the enemy in a wall of flame."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Call a wall of fire that launches all enemies caught within into the air."
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 2/2 by JPuga GameFAQs (2001-07-15) Retrieved on 2009-07-01.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.