Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Juushourai" redirects here. For the similarly named self-enhancement arte used by Emil Castagnier, see Fiend Fusion.
Arte Description and History
In all of its appearances, this arte is used by the frontliners in order to buff their strength and speed, but there are cases where the arte buffs accuracy and physical defense instead. As the arte requires some seconds of usage, it is safest to activate it at a distance from the enemy, as the latter may attack the user without being staggered.
In the Gameboy Advance port of Tales of Phantasia, it, unlike in most games, can be canceled into another arte. It is obtained by Leon Magnus in Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut, where it, in addition to its normal accuracy-increasing buff, heals some of Leon's HP. It also deals Water-elemental damage to any enemies in contact with him, in contrast to Coil's Fire-elemental damage. In Tales of the Abyss, Guy Cecil can only use Focus by using Center within a fully-charged Earth or Dark FOF Circle.
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) - Cress Albane
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX / iOS) + Full Voice + Cross Edition - Cress Albane (Focus)
- Tales of Phantasia (GBA) + Mobile - Cress Albane (Focus)
- Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut - Leon Magnus
- Tales of Legendia - Chloe Valens (Focus)
- Tales of the Abyss - Guy Cecil (Focus)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon - Shihandai costume, Champion costume, Kakutou Kenshi costume, Shuudousou costume
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Cress Albane
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Fighter costume, Shippuu Toushi costume, Kaminari Toushi costume, Haou costume
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Fighter costume
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) (DeJap Translations): Focus
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX) (Absolute Zero): Juushourai
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Phantasia (SFC)
Japanese Description: 気を集中させることによって一時的に防御力を上昇させる技
Romanized Description: Ki wo shuuchuu saseru koto ni yotte ichijiteki ni bougyoryoku wo joushou saseru waza
Translated Description (DeJap Translations): "Boost your speed and attack."
Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
Japanese Description: 気を集中させることによって一時的に命中率を上昇させる
Romanized Description: Ki wo shuuchuu saseru koto ni yotte ichijiteki ni meichuuritsu wo joushou saseru waza
Localized Description: "Temporarily increase Accuracy by focusing the mind."
Tales of the Abyss
Localized Description: "Arte: Concentrate and temporarily increase your physical defense."
Tales of Legendia
Localized Description: "Base: Temporarily raise ACC."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 2/2 by JPuga GameFAQs (2001-07-15) Retrieved on 2009-07-01.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (GBA) FAQ/Walkthrough by sonicfreak77 GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.