Healing Circle (ハートレスサークル Haatoresusaakuru?, "Hurtless Circle") is a common field-based healing spell that heals all party members within a moderate-sized area of effect. The spell usually heals a moderate amount of HP at a gradual rate.
Arte Description and History
When Healing Circle is activated during battle, a shining orb appears over the targeted ally, refracting a circle of light onto the ground, creating a temporary field that heals all allies within its range. Because the healing is gradual, characters can enter or leave the circle and receive some of the HP regeneration. Characters who leave before the end of the spell's effects will not continue to be healed once they leave the area of effect. When it is used outside of battle, it will heal all party members, including the inactive reserve characters.
This healing spell was created initially for Tales of Symphonia as an intermediate step between Nurse and Revitalize, both capable of affecting all allies, regardless of their position on the field. Healing Circle is considered to be a weakened form of Revitalize, affecting a significantly smaller range and healing a lesser amount of HP than its parent spell, in return for a much faster casting time and lower TP cost. In the game, it is a "Technical" arte, with its "Strike" counterpart being the single-target-healing Cure. It reappears in several games of the series afterward, making it one of the most typical healing spells used by characters of the Priest and Bishop classes. In Tales of the Abyss, this spell can be cast within a fully-charged Wind or Light FOF Circle, converting it into the more potent Fairy Circle.
Due to the fact Healing Circle only affects the characters who are standing within the outlined area, its usefulness is limited due to the very common AI tendency to run back and forth across the battlefield after attacking an enemy. Mistiming this spell can result in allies running out of range just as the healing effect begins, then returning after it disappears; because of this, the healing character's AI might begin recasting the same spell to try to heal the same characters. To prevent this kind of problem, it may be easier for players to set Healing Circle to a player's shortcut and then prevent the AI from using this spell. Alternatively, the spell Nurse can be used instead to guarantee that all party members will be healed.
- Tales of Symphonia - Raine Sage (Healing Circle)
- Tales of the Abyss - Tear Grants (Healing Circle)
- Tales of Vesperia (X360) - Estelle (Healing Circle)
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Estelle; Wide Risk: Patty Fleur
- Tales of Hearts - Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of Hearts R - Kohaku Hearts, Chalcedony Akerman (Healing Circle)
- Tales of Graces - Cheria Barnes (Healing Circle)
- Tales of Xillia - Elize Lutus (Healing Circle)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Elize Lutus (Healing Circle)
- Tales of Zestiria - Edna (Healing Circle)
- Tales of Berseria - Magilou (Healing Circle)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Priest class, Raine Sage, Tear Grants (Healing Circle)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Bishop class, Raine Sage, Tear Grants, Estelle
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Raine Sage, Tear Grants, Estelle, Kohaku Hearts, Cheria Barnes
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Raine Sage, Purger (Healing Circle)
- Tales of VS. - Tear Grants, Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Cheria Barnes, Tear Grants
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Estelle, Kohaku Hearts, Cheria Barnes
- Tales of Link - Skill: Tear Grants (Healing Circle), Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of the Rays - Tear Grants, Cheria Barnes, Elize Lutus (Healing Circle), Raine Sage
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Healing (advanced): substantially heal all party members within a given area."
Localized Quote: "Help is on the way... Healing Circle!"
Tales of the Abyss
Japanese Quote: 命を照らす光よ、ここに来たれ！ハートレスサークル！
Romanized Quote: Inochi o terasu hikari yo, koko ni kitare! Haatoresu Saakuru!
Localized Quote: "Come forth, O illumination of life! Healing Circle!"
Tales of Vesperia
Localized Quote: "Arise, O light of life... Healing Circle!"
Tales of Graces
Localized Description: "A healing arte that recovers around 30% of the HP of allies within the target area."
Localized Quote: "Strands of tranquility, give name to your miraculous soothing light. Healing Circle!"
Alternate Quote: "O miraculous soothing light! Healing Circle!"
Tales of Xillia
Localized Description: "Heal 40% for all allies within range. It heals more HP when Teepo is ON."
Japanese Quote: 降り注げ、博愛の慈雨！ハートレスサークル！
Romanized Quote: Furisosoge, hakuai no jiu! Haatoresu Saakuru!
Localized Quote: "Rain down the breath of life. Healing Circle!"
Tales of Zestiria
Localized Description: "Restores a moderate amount of HP to an ally and any other allies in a medium range nearby, and removes Slow. Higher seraphic arte of Barrier."
Japanese Quote: 辛苦潰える見紛うは常世！ハートレスサークル！
Romanized Quote: Shinku tsuieru mimagou wa tokoyo! Haatoresu Saakuru!
Localized Quote: "Heal my ailments! Healing Circle!"
If the enemy's level is lower than Edna's:
Japanese Quote: 慌てない慌てない♪ ゆったり行けば～？
Romanized Quote: Awatenai awatenai♪ Yuttari ikeba~?
Localized Quote: "Just chill out 'kay? Relax already!"
Tales of Berseria
Localized Description: "Heals HP in an area around the target and removes burns."
Japanese Quote: 痛みは無いに越したことは無いのう... ハートレスサークル！
Romanized Quote: Itami wa nai ni koshita koto wa nai nou... Haatoresu Saakuru!
Localized Quote: "I can heal the wounds, but I can't heal the pain! Healing Circle!"
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Restore a medium amount of HP to all allies. (All within range during battles.)"
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Localized Description: "Healing (mid): Heal surrounding allies' HP in battle (all allies when performed out of battle)."
Localized Quote: "Come forth O illumination of life... Healing Circle!"
Tales of the Rays
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by Darth Marth GameFAQ Retrieved on 28-03-2009
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia: Battle Quote GameFAQ Retrieved on 28-03-2009
- ↑ Tales of the Abyss (PS2) Battle Quotes GameFAQ Retrieved on 28-03-2009
- ↑ Tales of Vesperia (X360) Battle Quote FAQ GameFAQ Retrieved on 28-03-2009