Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the melee arte localized as "Hell Pyre". For the archery arte with the same localized name, see Hell Pyre (archery).
Arte Description and History
When Hell Pyre is executed, the user slashes upward at the enemy while jumping high into the air, following through by tossing a flaming projectile sword or fireball down to the enemy while airborne.
In the original Tales of Destiny, this arte is obtained as a prize for passing the Namco cameo quiz given by Cress Albane and Arche Klein, both characters from the preceding game, Tales of Phantasia. The use of this arte will cause the Swordian Dymlos to be thrown at the enemy, and all attacks after this are considered to be unarmed until Dymlos is picked up from the ground where he was thrown. The remake versions of this game change the effect of this arte to prevent Dymlos from being thrown, instead creating a massive disc of flame to drop onto the enemies below.
In Tales of Eternia, the arte appears when Demon Hammer is used at the precise moment that the Fireball spell is cast. The arte represents one of four Team Skills that are activated through the use of a melee arte from one character and a spell from another character, activated at the same instant, combining both into one powerful elemental attack. In Tales of Vesperia, the technique is alternately called "Hell Hound" when used by Repede. In the PlayStation 3 port of the game, Flynn Scifo can change this arte into the altered arte Ultimate Hell Pyre when he has the "Hellfire" and "Crucible" skills equipped.
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) - Cress Albane
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX / iOS) + Full Voice + Cross Edition - Cress Albane (Hell Pyre)
- Tales of Phantasia (GBA) + Mobile - Cress Albane (Hell Pyre)
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Stahn Aileron (Throw Sword)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Eternia - Team Skill: Reid Hershel + Keele Zeibel (Flaming Sword)
- Tales of Symphonia - Kratos Aurion, Zelos Wilder (Hell Pyre)
- Tales of Innocence R - Ruca Milda
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Flynn Scifo
- Tales of Xillia - Linked Arte: Milla Maxwell/Rowen J. Ilbert + Alvin (Hell Pyre)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Link Arte: Milla/Milla Maxwell/Rowen J. Ilbert + Alvin (Hell Pyre)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon – Kengou costume, Kakutou Kenshi costume, Honoo no Kenshi costume
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X – Cress Albane
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 – Honoo Kenshi costume, Berserker costume, Amazoness costume
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Swordsman costume, Stahn Aileron, Kratos Aurion, Zelos Wilder
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Stahn Aileron, Kratos Aurion (Hell Pyre)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Reid Hershel, Kratos Aurion, Zelos Wilder
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Reid Hershel, Kratos Aurion, Zelos Wilder
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Zelos Wilder (Hell Pyre)
- Tales of VS. - Kratos Aurion
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Reid Hershel
- Tales of Link - Zelos Wilder (Hell Pyre), Stahn Aileron, Kratos Aurion; Cutscene: Stahn Aileron (Hell Pyre)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Phantasia (SFC)
Japanese Description: 炎の闘気をまとった武器を投げつけて敵を燃やし尽くす技
Romanized Description: Honoo no youki wo matotta buki wo tougetsu kete teki wo moyashi tsukusu waza
Translated Description (DeJap Translations): "Wrap your sword in flames then throw it at an enemy."
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "Throws the user's sword at a target."
Tales of Phantasia (PSX)
Translated Description (Absolute Zero): "Bathe your weapon in holy fire and send it crashing into the enemy."
Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
Japanese Description: 炎の闘気をまとった武器を投げつけて敵を燃やしつくす
Romanized Description: Honoo no youki wo matotta buki wo tougetsu kete teki wo moyashi tsukusu
Localized Description: "Incinerate enemy by throwing a weapon enveloped in flaming attack power."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Lv. 2 Sp. Attack: attack with fiery battle energy."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Arcane: Hit the enemy with a blazing spirit."
Tales of Xillia
Localized Description: "A linked arte in which one partner slices foes and shoots a fireball of rage fueled by the flames of his partner."
Tales of Vesperia
Localized Description: "Arcane Arte: Throw a fireball at an enemy from mid-air."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-04-02.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 2/2 by JPuga GameFAQs (2001-07-15) Retrieved on 2009-07-01.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (GBA) FAQ/Walkthrough by sonicfreak77 GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.