- This article is about the melee arte localized as "Hell Pyre". For the archery arte with the same localized name, see Hell Pyre (archery).
Arte Description and History
When Hell Pyre is executed, the user slashes upward at the enemy while jumping high into the air, following through by tossing a flaming projectile sword or fireball down to the enemy while airborne.
In the original Tales of Destiny, this arte is obtained as a prize for passing the Namco cameo quiz given by Cress Albane and Arche Klein, both characters from the preceding game, Tales of Phantasia. The use of this arte will cause the Swordian Dymlos to be thrown at the enemy, and all attacks after this are considered to be unarmed until Dymlos is picked up from the ground where he was thrown. The remake versions of this game change the effect of this arte to prevent Dymlos from being thrown, instead creating a massive disc of flame to drop onto the enemies below.
In Tales of Eternia, the arte appears when Demon Hammer is used at the precise moment that the Fireball spell is cast. The arte represents one of four Team Skills that are activated through the use of a melee arte from one character and a spell from another character, activated at the same instant, combining both into one powerful elemental attack. In Tales of Vesperia, the technique is alternately called "Hell Hound" when used by Repede. In the PlayStation 3 port of the game, Flynn Scifo can change this arte into the altered arte Ultimate Hell Pyre when he has the "Hellfire" and "Crucible" skills equipped.
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-04-02.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 2/2 by JPuga GameFAQs (2001-07-15) Retrieved on 2009-07-01.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (GBA) FAQ/Walkthrough by sonicfreak77 GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.