Arte Description and History
When activated, the user charges fire into their sword for a short period before slamming it onto the ground, creating a small blast of fire upon contact. The attack is known to be extremely spammable when used repeatedly, making it one of the best attacks available early in the games in which it appears. In Tales of Destiny 2, this arte can be extended into Bakurenrenshou if the Skill Enchant "Tsuika Tokugi" (追加特技?) is equipped on Bakuenken.
Furthermore, in Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3, Bakuenken is a combination of both itself and its extension, without the additional TP requirement. In Tales of Symphonia, Magnius's Hell Axe (爆炎斧 Bakuenfu?) may be related as it is similar in execution. Magnius charges his axe with flame before slashing down with fire trailing his blade. Though it does not cause a flame to appear upon contact with the ground, it does seem to cause a small explosion.
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron, Dymlos
- Tales of Destiny 2 - Kyle Dunamis
- Tales of Innocence R - Ruca Milda
- Tales of Hearts - Kor Meteor
- Tales of Hearts R - Kor Meteor (Hell Sword)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Stahn Aileron (Hell Sword)
- Tales of Zestiria - Sorey (Sword Flare)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Kyle Dunamis
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Stahn Aileron (Hell Sword)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Kyle Dunamis
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Kyle Dunamis
- Tales of VS. - Kyle Dunamis, Kor Meteor
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Kyle Dunamis
- Tales of Link - Stahn Aileron, Sorey, Kyle (Hell Sword), Kyle Dunamis; Skill: Kyle Dunamis (Hell Sword)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Base: Blast the enemy with an exploding sword."