Arte Description and History
When this arte is used, the user slashes at the enemy while their weapon is engulfed in flames, creating a large wave of fire. This attack commonly reaches far distances and deals multiple hits quickly, affecting a large arc in front of the user.
The arte first appeared in the original PlayStation version of Tales of Destiny as a Sacred Skill that combines the arte Missile Sword and the spell Fire Wall. This attack is later reprised in the remake versions of the game for the PlayStation 2 as a separate attack that no longer builds off the two bases from its first appearance. In these remake versions, Stahn Aileron has the ability to use this attack both on the ground and within the air; while airborne, the attack animation is changed to become two angled slashes with his flaming sword. Dymlos Timber also has access to this arte, along with the ability to perform an extension that creates a large arc of fire that streams upward over his head, chaining after the end of the attack itself.
In Tales of the Abyss, the arte is an FOF Change, which can be used only when Guy Cecil uses Demon Fang within a complete Fire or Light FOF Circle. In Tales of Hearts, if Kohaku Hearts activates this attack at the same time that Ines Lorenzen performs Icicle Epee, both attacks combine together and become Raging Pleuie. Ruca Milda's version of the arte uses a different ending kanji, showing (破?) instead of (波?). In the Radiant Mythology series of games, his version uses the second kanji, but he returns to using the first in both Tales of Innocence R and Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave.
The arte reappears in Tales of Graces as part of Asbel Lhant's set of burst artes. When this arte is used twice consecutively, the animation of the second attack is mirrored from the original attack, allowing him to first swing his blade from left to right before following through with a swing from right to left. This change in animation is similar to the change of Stahn's version of the attack when it is performed in the air, though in Asbel's case, both swings count as separate attacks.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Stahn Aileron (Fiery Wave)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron, Dymlos Timber
- Tales of the Abyss - Guy Cecil (Infernal Torrent)
- Tales of Innocence - Ruca Milda, Asura
- Tales of Innocence R - Ruca Milda
- Tales of Hearts - Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of Hearts R - Kohaku Hearts (Infernal Torrent)
- Tales of Graces - Asbel Lhant (Infernal Torrent)
- Tales of Xillia - Wingul (Infernal Torrent)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Wingul (Infernal Torrent)
- Tales of Berseria - Velvet Crowe (Infernal Torrent)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Samurai costume, Asbel Lhant costume
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Stahn Aileron (Infernal Torrent)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Stahn Aileron, Ruca Milda
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Stahn Aileron, Ruca Milda, Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of VS. - Stahn Aileron, Ruca Milda, Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Ruca Milda
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of Link - Stahn Aileron, Kohaku Hearts, Wingul, Velvet (Infernal Torrent
- Tales of the Rays - Stahn Aileron (Infernal Torrent)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): Infernal Torrent
- Tales of Innocence (Absolute Zero): Infernal Torrent
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "Creates a short range wave of flame."
Tales of the Abyss
Localized Description: "Arte: Send forth a fiery shockwave towards the enemy."
Localized Quote: "Flames, arise! Infernal Torrent!"
Tales of Hearts R
Localized Description: "Incinerates any enemy in front of the user with a blast of malevolent hellfire."
Tales of Graces
Localized Description: "A demonic swing that enshrouds all enemies around Asbel in overwhelming heat."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Master: Strike down an enemy with a blast from a sword imbued with the essence of fire itself."
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2008-03-08.