Arte Description and History
In its original appearance in Tales of Rebirth, Mao begins the attack by summoning a massive swirl of flames that encompasses the entire battlefield. These streaks of flame converge into the tip of Eugene's spear as Eugene strikes the base of the spear into the ground, breaking apart the earth around him. After this, Eugene jumps backward, and both Eugene and Mao thrust through the enemy at different angles, leaving streaks of flame behind them.
Inferno Drive reappears in Tales of VS. and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 as a solo mystic arte that is available only to Mao, despite Eugene's appearance in the same games. In this iteration of the attack, Mao launches several flame bursts into the ground around the enemy before conjuring a large ball of fire surrounded with the familiar swirl of flames to trap the enemy. This ball of flame continues to deplete the enemy's health for an extended period of time before it finally detonates, blasting away anything within range.
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Rebirth
- Mao: 真紅の爆炎、我が友に宿れ。
- Eugene: これが全てを焼き尽くす、轟爆の魔槍だ！
- Both: 秘奥義！インフェルノドライブ！
- Mao: Shinku no bakuen, waga tomo ni yadore.
- Eugene: Kore ga subete wo yakitsukusu, goubaku no masou da!
- Both: Hi Ougi! Inferunodoraibu!
- Mao: "O crimson explosion, come dwell within us."
- Eugene: "The roaring blast of this demon spear shall burn everything to ashes!"
- Both: "Hi Ougi! Inferno Drive!"
- ↑ Tales of Rebirth Artes/Ougis Tales of Surprise Retrieved on 2010-07-12.
- ↑ Tales of Rebirth: Battle Mechanics/Sub Events FAQ by lanyn GameFAQs (2008) Retrieved on 2010-01-04.