- This article is about the recurring mystic arte. For the character in Tales of Zestiria, see Phoenix (character).
Arte Description and History
When the arte is used, Stahn engulfs the field in a massive burst of fire before spinning around to slash all nearby enemies. He then takes flight across the battlefield, leaving behind a streak of flame that resembles the wings of a phoenix behind him. Different iterations of this arte have provided alternative flight patterns, sometimes moving at an upward or downward angle, or even horizontally across the screen.
In the original Tales of Destiny, this is Stahn's most powerful arcane arte and the only one that requires an Aura Disc equipped before obtaining the arte itself. It requires the "Giant" disc for its Earthquake spell to allow Stahn to grow in size before he creates his phoenix. However, in later appearances, it is upgraded to represent one of his weaker mystic artes. In Tales of Xillia 2, Stahn uses this arte, localized as "Phoenix", in the arena cameo ending, alongside his fellow cameo characters' mystic artes.
In Tales of Eternia, there is an arte named King Tackle (皇王天翔浴 Kouou Tenshouyoku?, "Emperor King Heaven Soar Bath"), where the Earth Greater Craymel Gnome jumps into the air, enlarges himself, and then tackles in through the side. It is a direct reference to this arte, with its Japanese name being a homonym.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Stahn Aileron (Phoenix)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Cutscene: Stahn Aileron (Phoenix)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Stahn Aileron (Phoenix)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of VS. - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (Kajitani-Eizan): Regal Phoenix
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): Regal Phoenix
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut
Japanese Quote: 負けられないんだ！皇王、天翔翼！！
Romanized Quote: Makerarenainda! Kouou, Tenshouyoku!!
Translated Quote: "There's no way in hell I'm losing now! Kouou Tenshouyoku!"
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Quote: "Haaaa! Razing Phoenix!"
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny DC: Blast Caliber Exhibition (Subbed in English) (HD) by Kevassa02 YouTube (2010-02-27) Retrieved on 2010-04-19.