|Game||Tales of Zestiria|
|Height||5'8" / 172 cm|
|Japanese Voice Actor|| •Miyu Matsuki|
•Noriko Shitaya (ToZtX)
|English Voice Actor||Carrie Keranen|
|Character Designer||Mutsumi Inomata|
Lailah (ライラ Raira?) is a Fire seraph in Tales of Zestiria. She has been living in the Sacred Blade for a long time, waiting for a new Shepherd to appear. During the events of the story, Lailah forms a Prime Lord's contract with Sorey and guides him through his quest to quell the Lord of Calamity. Her true name is Fethmus Mioma (フォエス＝メイマ Foesu Meima?), meaning "Lailah the Pure".
Appearance and Personality
Lailah has long silver hair with hints of green and red that is tied back in a high ponytail behind a red and gold headband. She has green eyes and wears a long-sleeved, red, white, black, and lavender dress. She wears red and white heels with ribbons that wrap around her legs. Her shoes and dress are decorated with green gems. Personality-wise, Lailah is steadfast and serious, but compassionate as well, warning Sorey to carefully consider his choice of becoming a Shepherd before accepting such a burden. However, she also demonstrates a whimsical side, as she has a knack for making puns and can be overdramatic.
Usually, this side of her personality comes out due to her oath with herself, which forbids her from talking about Maotelus or the previous Shepherd. She can also be a bit fixated and excited when dealing with enemies that can curl up like a ball, such as the armadillo hellions. In addition, she has high expectations about it and dreams of meeting the greatest curlist, Arma Dylan. Lailah also has a tendency to place an emphasis on propriety, as she warns Sorey to keep his purity intact; chastises Rose for using what she interprets as a euphemism; and complains, at length, about Zaveid's shirtlessness and womanizing.
Lailah uses divine Fire-elemental artes in battle by channeling her spirit power into paper. She is able to perform attacks that are both long- or close-ranged, and she has the highest Arte Defense among the cast of playable characters. Lailah's artes tend to have a slight delay in their activation when she lights the paper on fire, and as such, she can be left vulnerable if the target is not regularly being kept off balance, which can work against her since she has low Defense.
She also has difficulty hitting smaller enemies such as Leech hellions. It should be noted that, depending on the terrain on which she is fighting, Lailah's attacks can miss if she is positioned higher or lower than the enemy; therefore, it is advisable that she fight on even ground as much as possible. Despite the disadvantage, Lailah's artes have a large radius and can affect nearby enemies if they happen to flock or when she is surrounded. Her seraphic artes can remedy her cons since they are capable of hitting multiple enemies if they happen to be close by, regardless of height.
Lailah has two mystic artes: Concerto Infernus and Primal Embrace. When armatized with Sorey or Rose, she gains a third one, Flamberge. As part of the game's pre-order bonuses, Lailah can also acquire Silent Apocalypse, which can be used when certain hit counts are gained and if she has enough BG to execute it. Silent Apocalypse originates from Tales of Innocence R as the mystic arte for Kongwai Tao.
- Lailah derives from the Arabic laylah, meaning "night".
- Lailah's martial artes in the Japanese release have their names based on arts, such as music, poetry, and dance.
- Lailah is exceptionally informative about most hellions, mutant hellions, and their origins; in addition, giving out clues on how to defeat them. However, she does not know every hellion in the world.
- Following the initial scene with Sergei in Lastonbell, Lailah reveals that she has always had an interest in improvisation.
- Though Lailah turns Zaveid down whenever he flirts with her, she still demonstrates excitement at the idea of going out with him when telling his fortune after a victory.
- Lailah was one of the last roles for Miyu Matsuki, who passed away on October 27, 2015, after a battle with lymphoma.
- For a gallery of artwork, see this page.