|Game||Tales of the Abyss|
|Japanese Voice Actor||Miki Maruyama|
|Character Designer||Kousuke Fujishima|
Mieu (ミュウ Myuu?) is a young cheagle from the Cheagle Woods in Tales of the Abyss. Cheagles, considered holy by the Order of Lorelei, normally live in herds in forests, but fate brings him to join Luke fon Fabre and the others on their adventure. The Sorcerer's Ring Mieu wears around his waist allows him to communicate with humans and breathe fire. As the story progresses, he gains the ability to tackle objects and fly as well.
Mieu was the cause of the fire that burned down the forest north of the Cheagle Woods, angering the ligers that lived there. Normally, young cheagles do not have the ability to fully breathe fire, but Mieu, having recently discovered his ability, was unable to control it. As a result, the ligers moved into the Cheagle Woods, and forced the cheagles to supply them with food or be hunted themselves. In order to meet these demands, the cheagles stole from the people of Engeve. Mieu accompanies Luke fon Fabre, Tear Grants, and Ion to serve as a translator, so that they may communicate with the Liger Queen. Afterward, Mieu is exiled from the tribe to serve Luke for a full cycle of the seasons.
- In the PlayStation 2 remake of Tales of Destiny, Rutee Katrea presents an artifact resembling Mieu to Walt in Harmentz.
- In the PlayStation 3 port of Tales of Vesperia, Mieu is one of Patty Fleur's results for her mystic arte, Summon Friends.
- A girl attacked by the monsters during their attack on Shizontania in Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike carries a doll resembling Mieu.
- In Tales of Xillia 2, some spyrites assume the appearance of Mieu.
- In Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Marta Lualdi has a Mieu pendant hanging from her pouch that she carries on the back of her waist.