- This article is about the arte "Mighty Charge", localized as "Power Charge" in Tales of Symphonia. For the separate passive skill that is known as "Power Charge" in Tales of the Abyss, see TotA - AD Skills.
Mighty Charge (マイトチャージ Maitochaaji?, "Might Charge") is a self-contained status buff that increases damage from using normal strikes.
Arte Description and History
As a passive skill in both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Vesperia, the strength of an arte will be increased if the "Attack" button is pressed down for a while. In Tales of the Abyss, the base arte decreases the damage reduction for normal strikes in a combo by half. An HP recovery Fon Slot Chamber effect is added, healing 8% of max HP to the user when this arte is equipped with a "Grass Chamber". If the arte is used within a fully charged Earth or Dark FOF Circle, it will become Mighty Circuit instead.
In Tales of Xillia 2, this skill comes in three forms: the original skill localized as Power Charge, Power Charge 2 (マイトチャージ2 Maitochaaji 2?, "Might Charge 2"), and Power Charge 3 (マイトチャージ3 Maitochaaji 3?, "Might Charge 3"). The skills activate after the user guards for a certain period of time, with the higher form activating after longer. The first level decreases the TP cost of the next combo, while the second treats the next attack as if it hit the enemy weakness, and the third allows the next normal attack to stagger the enemy. All three also increase the user's current AC by 1.
- Tales of Symphonia - EX Skill: Presea Combatir (Power Charge)
- Tales of the Abyss - Anise Tatlin (Mighty Charge)
- Tales of Vesperia - Passive Skill: Karol Capel (Mighty Charge)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Passive Skill: all party members (Power Charge)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Passive Skill: all party members (Power Charge 2)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Passive Skill: all party members (Power Charge 3)