- This article is about the arte localized currently as "Omega Tempest". For the arte localized by the same name previously, see Void Tempest.
Arte Description and History
This arte was conceived in Tales of Eternia as a more powerful Wind-elemental version of Tempest Strike, with the potential to travel across the full length of a screen during battle. The arte was modified in Tales of Symphonia and all successive games, in which the user spins forward as if initiating a Tempest, then spins directly upward to continue the attack. The user then jumps backward to land close to the same position where this arte was executed.
This arte's current implementation is exceptionally useful for juggling enemies in the air for impressive combos. However, it is harder to use this arte by itself to evade enemy attacks and spells compared to Tempest and its "Strike" counterpart, Psi Tempest, since the user lands near the starting position rather than moving forward.
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Eternia - Reid Hershel (Omega Tempest Strike)
- Tales of Symphonia - Lloyd Irving (Omega Tempest)
- Tales of Innocence - Spada Belforma
- Tales of Hearts - Kunzite
- Tales of Hearts R - Kunzite (Omega Tempest)
- Tales of Eternia Online - Warrior class
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Swordsman class, Stahn Aileron, Reid Hershel, Lloyd Irving (Omega Tempest)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Swordsman class, Warrior class, Reid Hershel, Spada Belforma
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Swordsman class, Warrior class, Reid Hershel, Spada Belforma
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Reid Hershel
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "The enemy is sheared by a vacuum formed by the spinning of the blades."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Lv. 2 Sp. Attack: spin in the air and attack with invisible wind blades."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Master: Shear the enemy with a vacuum formed by the spinning blades."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-03-12.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2008-03-12.