- This article is about the Warrior arte "Punishing Beast", formerly localized as "Beast". For the original arte, which is common throughout the Tales series, see Beast.
Arte Description and History
The effect of this arte is very similar to Beast, in which the user spins around to build enough energy to knock enemies away, creating the image of a lion's head. This variant of Beast is much more deadly, dealing nearly twice the total damage that the basic arte is capable of inflicting.
In Tales of the Abyss, this arte can be accessed only if Anise Tatlin has the "Empty Girl" accessory equipped, granting her puppet with the power of Presea Combatir from Tales of Symphonia, who also shares the same arte. In Tales of the Tempest, this arte is an extension and can only be activated by using Ressenbu and extending with Shishisenkou. In Tales of Vesperia, it is used by the Radiant Winged One as his version of Karol Capel's Punishing Beast Flash.
Punishing Beast was originally localized as "Beast" in both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss, but it was renamed as "Punishing Beast" in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, as to separate it and Beast. All three games have also featured the original Beast arte itself, but both are unrelated since they are used in separate character arte sets in each game. When the arte returned in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, the localized name was also changed to "Punishing Beast" instead of the previous "Beast".
- Tales of Symphonia - Presea Combatir (Beast)
- Tales of the Abyss - Anise Tatlin (Beast)
- Tales of Innocence - Hermana Larmo
- Tales of Vesperia - Radiant Winged One (Punishing Beast)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Presea Combatir
- Tales of the Tempest - Forest Ledoyen
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Warrior class (Punishing Beast)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Warrior class, Presea Combatir
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Warrior class, Presea Combatir
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Presea Combatir (Punishing Beast)
- Tales of VS. - Presea Combatir
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Lv. 3 Sp. Attack: blow the enemy away by tearing the sky with a mighty swing."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-03-19.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.