| This article is based on data from a Japanese-only game.|
The following content has not been released in the English language, so details are subject to change at any given time.
A Reborn (転生者 Tenseisha?, "Reincarnated Person") is a term in Tales of Innocence used to refer to those who are reincarnations of the deities from Devaloka. Near the beginning of the story, the term Fallen One (異能者 Inousha?, "Unknown Ability Person"), or simply Fallen, is used to identify these people.
The awakened Reborn possess abilities that set them apart from ordinary humans. It is because of this fact that a detainment law regarding the public's safety is issued for the Reborn, although this is later revealed to be a plot conceived by Arca and its leader, Mathias. Due to the abilities the Reborn posses, they are used as weapons of war, either through direct combat or powering combat machines. Ruca Milda, Illia Animi, and Spada Belforma fall victim to the first of these examples, while Ange Serena and Gardle become subject to the latter. The Reborn typically have dreams or visions recalling events in their past lives. In many cases, the Reborn are affected by their past lives's actions, thoughts, or emotions, resulting in past betrayals or love affairs that venture into present lives.
Each of the game's protagonists shares a correlation with an antagonist due to their former lives:
- Asura is Maou and split during the reincarnation process, connecting Ruca with Mathias.
- Inanna was the object of Asura's affection, which made Sakuya, who loved Asura, jealous, connecting Illia with Thitose Cxarma.
- Durandal was the brother of Gae Bolg, both having been forged by Vulcan, connecting Spada with Hasta Ekstermi.
- Orifiel was the instructor of Himmel, whom he tried to protect, connecting Ange with Albert Grandeioza.
- Hypnos was the brother of Thanatos, connecting Ricardo Soldato with Gardle.
- Vritra visited Cerberus while he guarded the Manifest, connecting Hermana Larmo with Sian Tenebro.
List of the Reborn
- ↑ It is not revealed until later in the story that Gardle is not a Reborn, being Thanatos himself and having never reincarnated.