Arte Description and History
The user thrusts forward into the enemy with their sword, followed by either an upward slash or an uppercut with their other arm. This action creates a small earthquake beneath the target, damaging all enemies within a small range. In its original appearance in Tales of the Abyss, this arte is an FOF Change that can be used only if Rending Thrust is activated within a fully-charged Earth or Dark FOF Circle.
In the PlayStation 2 remake version of Tales of Destiny, this arte can be obtained after defeating Tiberius Terazzi, Baruk Songram, or KOTSU-MOTSU on the "Evil" difficulty or higher. The arte is added to Stahn Aileron's movelist automatically after defeating any one of these boss enemies. The Director's Cut version increases this requirement to the "Chaos" difficulty. Originally, an alternative option was available to obtain this arte without fighting any of these bosses on the required difficulty. After completing various minigames on the official Japanese website for the game, the player could receive passwords that can be submitted to the "Traveler's Hut" within the game, granting this and other new artes to the characters. These minigames were removed from the website as of May 31, 2007, so this option is no longer available.
In Tales of Hearts, this attack appears as a combination arte that is activated by summoning either Kor Meteor or Beryl Benito into battle using the Connect Command panel and controlling the opposite character to use both Zesshouzan and Spike Stone at the same time. This attack appears once more in PlayStation 3 version of Tales of Vesperia as an altered arte for Flynn Scifo. He can activate this arte if the "Athenor" skill is equipped while using Makoujin, until the arte is mastered. After this, Resshintenshou is available as a separate arte that does not require the skill to be equipped in order to be used.
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the Abyss - Luke fon Fabre, Asch (Rending Quake)
- Tales of Hearts - Combination Arte: Kor Meteor + Beryl Benito
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Flynn Scifo
- Tales of Xillia - Jiao (Rending Quake)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Leia Rolando, Jiao (Rending Quake)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Koukishi costume
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Luke fon Fabre (Rending Quake)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Luke fon Fabre
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Luke fon Fabre
- Tales of VS. - Luke fon Fabre
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Luke fon Fabre
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Luke fon Fabre
- Tales of Link - Leia Rolando, Flynn (Rending Quake)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the Abyss
Localized Description: "Arte: A thrust attack followed by an earth-shattering punch."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Master: A thrust followed by a punch that shakes the earth."
Tales of Xillia 2
Localized Description: "A martial arte in which you focus your energy to summon pillars of earth. Hold the button to adjust their position."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Tales of the Abyss (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by Gray Fox GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2012-11-03.