Rending Tiger (猛虎連撃破 Mouko Rengekiha?, "Fierce Tiger Connect Crush" or "Fierce Tiger Chain Attack Crush/Break"), also known as Omega Demon Chaos, Tiger Combo Blast, and Rending Tiger Blade, is an upgraded version of the Tiger Blade arte.
Arte Description and History
Rending Tiger Blade is a powerful and high-tiered variant of Tiger Blade. When it is activated, the user slashes upward and downward four times, effectively chaining four Tiger Blade attacks together into one arte. In Tales of Eternia, this arte can be extended to perform the mystic arte Dragon Demon Chaos. This arte has also appeared in the Game Boy Advance version of Tales of Phantasia, but due to the arte's discovery in the Dwarven Temple, a dungeon extension exclusive to this version of the game, the arte cannot be obtained in any of the other versions.
- Tales of Phantasia (GBA) + Mobile - Cress Albane (Tiger Combo Blast)
- Tales of Eternia - Reid Hershel (Omega Demon Chaos)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Linked Arte: Alvin + Gaius (Rending Tiger)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Reid Hershel
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Reid Hershel
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Swordsman class, Reid Hershel (Rending Tiger Blade)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Swordsman class, Reid Hershel
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Swordsman class, Reid Hershel
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Reid Hershel
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
Japanese Description: 計八段攻撃となる上下攻撃繰り出す
Romanized Description: Kei hachidan kougeki tonaru jouka kougeki wo kuri dasu
Localized Description: "An eight-step attack from top to bottom."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Arcane: Eight slashes cut the enemy up and down."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-03-12.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (GBA) FAQ/Walkthrough by sonicfreak77 GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.