Replicas are the result of cloning either a living or non-living thing through a process known as fomicry, which was conceived by Jade Curtiss, known as the "Father of Fomicry". The very first replica created was a doll belonging to Jade's sister, Nephry Osborne. Replicas can be humans, monsters, objects, or even cities on larger scales. These replicas are typically identical in appearance to their originals, though their strengths and abilities may vary, such as with the original Ion and his many replicas.
It is revealed in the story that all governments in the modern world forbid the practice of fomicry for ethical reasons. After the mass release of replica humans through the actions of Van Grants, a stigma against replicas becomes apparent, many believing them to be a nuisance due to many of them having limited brain function. It is Van's goal to create a replica world, and he proves that mass replication is possible through the Isle of Feres and Eldrant, a replica of the destroyed Hod.
List of Replicas
- Luke fon Fabre - The replica protagonist of the original Luke fon Fabre who now operates under the name Asch, one of Van's six God-Generals.
- Ion - One of the seven replicas of the original Ion, serving as the Fon Master of the Order of Lorelei during the events of the story.
- Sync - Another of the seven replicas of the original Ion, serving under Van as one of his six God-Generals.
- Florian - Another of the seven replicas of the original Ion, used by Grand Maestro Mohs to read the Score.
- Nebilim - An abominable replica of Gelda Nebilim created by Jade after she died tragically in a fire.
- Star - A Cheagle replica used for experimentation in Ortion Cavern.
- Mary replica - A copy of Guy Cecil's sister, Marybelle Ladan Gardios.
- Arietta replica - A copy of the God-General Arietta, created by Dist and trapped in the Abyss Replica Facility.
- Largo replica - A copy of the God-General Largo, created by Dist and trapped in the Abyss Replica Facility.
- Legretta replica - A copy of the God-General Legretta, created by Dist and trapped in the Abyss Replica Facility.
- Sync replica - A copy of the God-General Sync, created by Dist and trapped in the Abyss Replica Facility.
- Isle of Feres - An exact copy of the original island, which was located off Hod and destroyed by a tidal wave after the destruction of Hod.
- Eldrant - An incomplete copy of Hod, which was destroyed during the Hod War.