- This article is about healing spell "Restore". For the spell that was localized by the same name in Tales of Eternia, see Revitalize.
Arte Description and History
Restore typically exists as a restorative spell that cancels physical status ailments that allies receive during battle, such as "Paralysis" and "Stone". It first appears in Tales of Symphonia, where it is a "Strike"-type spell that also grants immunity to all physical ailments for a short while. Its "Technical" counterpart is Purify.
In Tales of the Abyss, if Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear casts Cure within a fully-charged Earth or Dark FOF Circle, it will become Restore. In this game, it completely heals one party member while curing all ailments, regardless of their type. In Tales of Innocence, the spell was modified to affect the full party in one cast. It heals all allies while curing all status ailments.
Restore is also the name of Jude Mathis's partner skill in Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2. When he is the partner of a link, and the link leader is knocked down, Jude will appear by the leader's side and help them stand while healing their HP. This skill has a small chance of reviving them from KO if they are linked at that point. In Tales of Xillia 2, the "Support Shift" passive skill allows Jude to trade Restore's HP healing and revival effects in favor of restoring the link leader's TP.
- Tales of Symphonia - Raine Sage (Restore)
- Tales of the Abyss - Natalia L.K. Lanvaldear (Restore)
- Tales of Innocence - Ange Serena
- Tales of Xillia - Partner Skill: Jude Mathis (Restore)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Partner Skill: Jude Mathis, Ludger Will Kresnik (Restore)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Healing (mid): Heal and immunize a target to Physical Ailments for a time."
Tales of the Abyss
Japanese Quote: 大地の守りよ、包め、レストア！
Romanized Quote: Daichi no mamori yo, tsutsume. Resutoa!
Localized Quote: "O great land, swath us in your protection. Restore!"
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-06-03.