Arte Description and History
When Search Gald is activated, the user will look around the closest area to where they stands and probably find some Gald. Usually, the chance of this happening and how much Gald is found depends on luck. In Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, there are two different versions of Search Gald. While the Thief job class goes down to their knees to search for a few seconds, Rutee Katrea attacks a targeted enemy. In Tales of Vesperia, Patty Fleur can then use the gathered Gald to attack her enemy. If Patty uses the arte with the "Alembic" skill equipped, she will instead use the altered arte Gald Steal.
In Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Xillia, and Tales of Xillia 2, this arte appeared as a passive skill that may increase the amount of Gald won after a battle. Although the localization differs between titles, the katakana used in the Japanese version is identical with the arte, making it the same.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Rutee Katrea (Search Gald)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of Symphonia - EX Skill: Colette Brunel (Gald Finder)
- Tales of Innocence R - Illia Animi
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Patty Fleur
- Tales of Xillia - Leia Rolando (Lottery)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Leia Rolando, Ludger Will Kresnik (Lottery)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Thief class, Rutee Katrea (Search Gald)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Thief class, Rutee Katrea
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Thief class, Rutee Katrea
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Filifolia (Search Gald)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "Searches the nearby area for Gald."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Fixed probability of getting more Gald at the end of battle."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Base: Get Gald any way you can."
Tales of Vesperia
Japanese Description: 落ちているガルドを探す特技。なんやかんや言うてもお金は大切じゃぞ
Romanized Description: Ochite iru Garudo wo sagasu tokugi. Nanya kanya yuu te mo okane wa taisetsu ja zo
Translated Description: "Falling to the ground searching for Gald special skill. No matter what anyone says, money is important!"
Japanese Quote: どれどれ～
Romanized Quote: Doredore~
Translated Quote: "Let's see, let's see~"
Japanese Quote: ゲットじゃ！
Romanized Quote: Getto ja!
Translated Quote: "I got it!"
- ↑ Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (GBA) Costume/Skill FAQ by a000a GameFAQs - Retrieved on 2009-03-09.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) EX-Skills Guide by Gogeta75 GameFAQs (15-06-2004) Retrieved on 2009-03-09.