Arte Description and History
When used, Spread creates a column of water beneath the enemy that rises to damage it multiple times, lifting it in the process. In Tales of Eternia, Spread can be extended into Maelstrom if certain conditions are met.
In Tales of Symphonia, Spread is a moderate Water spell Genis Sage can learn after mastering Aqua Edge if he is aligned with the "Technical" branch of artes, its "Strike" counterpart being Aqua Laser. After enough uses, Genis will learn the advanced spell Tidal Wave, and after using it enough times with Eruption, he will also learn Raging Mist. The Summon Spirit Undine can use this spell in her boss battle and when she is summoned by Sheena Fujibayashi. When Sheena summons Undine, the Summon Spirit casts several columns of water randomly on the field, instead of the standard one. In Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Genis loses the ability to use this spell, obtaining Splash in its place.
In Tales of Legendia, Spread is a Sea-elemental spell used by Will Raynard. It has no incantation and summons a column of water from beneath the enemy, hitting it three times. In Tales of Graces, Spread is a novice-level Water spell used by Pascal in which an upward blast of water is emitted directly in front of her. It can strike up to four times, and the spell is capable of juggling lighter targets into the air.
- Tales of Eternia - Water Craymel Arte: Meredy, Keele Zeibel, Undine, Elementler, Siren (Spread)
- Tales of Symphonia - Genis Sage, Meredy, Undine, Pronyma, Abyssion, Adulocia, Sea Horror, The Fugitive (Spread)
- Tales of Legendia - Will Raynard, Walter, Maurits, Dark Will, Galf Fiend (Spread)
- Tales of Innocence - Illia Animi
- Tales of Innocence R - Illia Animi, Kongwai Tao, Jellyfish, Tenos Shooter, Ice Soul
- Tales of Hearts R - Hisui Hearts, Beryl Benito, Pascal, Pyrox, Cloying Dianthus, Bouquet, Melting Pot, Gillman, Cuttlefish, Lesser Squid, Alarming Bouquet, Alarming Spore, Xenohelianth, Jellyflesh, Throttlefish, Seascrew, Ice Animos, Pining Briar, Pining Bouquet, Jupon, Maiming Bouquet, Icigoyle, Sighing Bouquet (Spread)
- Tales of Graces - Pascal
- Tales of Graces ƒ - Pascal, Trapper, Eye of Wrath, Tharmas (Spread)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Kirigakure costume, Tsunade costume, Wizard costume, Witch costume, Mizugeinin costume, Idol costume, Kaiyou Gakusha costume, Shingakusha costume
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Keele Zeibel
- Tales of Eternia Online - Arcane Craymel Mage class
- Tales of the Tempest - Rubia Natwick
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Mage class, Bishop class, Genis Sage (Spread)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Mage class, Magic Knight class, Genis Sage, Rubia Natwick, Illia Animi
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Mage class, Magic Knight class, Bishop class, Genis Sage, Will Raynard, Rubia Natwick, Illia Animi
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (Kajitani-Eizan): Spread
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): Spread
- Tales of Innocence (Absolute Zero): ?
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "The enemy is shredded by whirling water. Water Arte."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Water (mid): unleash compressed water upwards."
Localized Quote: "Drown! Spread!"
Tales of Legendia
Localized Description: "Mid: Drop pillars of water from above. A. ATR.: Sea."
Tales of Graces
Localized Description: "A glyph arte that blasts foes in front of Pascal with a waterspout. It may juggle foes."
Localized Quote: "Spread!"
Alternate Quote: "Spa-loosh!"
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Conjure a fount of high-pressure water."
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Legendia (PS2) Eres Guide by AncientNova GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology: Character/Class FAQ by Lynkiko GameFAQS (2007) Retrieved on 2012-10-31.