Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stop Flow (ストップフロゥ Sutoppufurou?) is an arte and spell that, like the name suggests, stops the flow of time for a short while.
Arte Description and History
For Philia Felice, this arte is a strike arte and does not have casting time, though on some occasions, Philia is unable to act for the duration of the effect, and it is a spell in Tales of Destiny (PS2). It is made an altered arte spell for Raven in Tales of Vesperia. In the PlayStation 3 port of the game, Raven needs to rest every three casts. As Raven uses the arte more, the amount of casts before needing to rest increases, but the need for rest cannot be altogether eliminated.
The arte then reappears in Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2 as a link arte between Rowen Ilbert and Leia Rolando when they combine the artes Quickness and Tightening Chains, metaphorically implying the binding of movement. Maxwell is able to use this arte by himself.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Philia Felice (Stasis)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Philia Felice, Kronos
- Tales of the Abyss - Philia Philis (Stop Flow)
- Tales of Vesperia (X360) - Raven, Duke, Radiant Winged One (Stop Flow)
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - Raven, Duke, Radiant Winged One; Gamble Cast: Patty Fleur
- Tales of Xillia - Maxwell; Linked Arte: Rowen J. Ilbert + Leia Rolando (Stop Flow)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Maxwell; Linked Arte: Rowen J. Ilbert + Leia Rolando (Stop Flow)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Philia Felice
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Philia Felice
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (Kajitani-Eizan): ?
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): ?
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "Places an enemy in temporary stasis. Functions the same as Hourglass."
User: Philia Philis
Japanese Quote: お仕置きです！えいっ、やあっ、やあっ、とうっ。懺悔なさい！
Romanized Quote: Oshiokidesu! Ei, yaa, yaa, tou. Zangenasai!
Translated Quote: "Punishment! Ei, yaa, yaa, tou. You must repent now!"
Tales of Vesperia
Localized Description: "Altered Arte: Interference with aer stops time temporarily."
Japanese Quote: 時間よ止まれ、お代は見てのお帰り。ストップフロウ！
Romanized Quote: Jikanyo tomare, odai wa mite no okaeri. Sutoppufurou!
Localized Quote: "Halt, O march of time. I'll pay you back later. Stop Flow!"
User: Duke Pantarei
Japanese Quote: 貴様らには時すら無意味、ならば奪おう。ストップフロウ！
Romanized Quote: Kisamara ni wa toki sura muimi, naraba ubaou. Sutoppufurou!
Translated Quote: "Even time is meaningless for you bastards. If that's the case, I will plunder it. Stop Flow!"
Tales of Xillia
Localized Description: "Freeze time for one's opponents. This requires a huge amount of energy, so it doesn't last long."
Japanese Quote: 始まりと終わりを知らず、時の狭間に遊べ！ストップフロウ!!
Romanized Quote: Hajimari to owari wo shirazu toki no hazama ni asobe! Sutoppufurou!
Translated Quote: "Unaware of the beginning and end, play in the intervals of time! Stop Flow!"
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.