Arte Description and History
Storm was first conceived in Tales of Phantasia as a strong gust of wind that encompasses the entire visible battlefield, blowing small rocks and other debris across the screen to damage all enemies. In the PlayStation versions of both Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Destiny, the debris is the source of all damage from this spell, and they must make contact with an enemy to deal damage, making the spell most effective against larger enemies. Because the debris cannot pass through enemies, other enemies may be protected from the spell damage. The GameBoy Advance version of Tales of Phantasia removes Storm from Arche Klein's movelist. All other versions of this game have the spell available to her.
After Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Destiny, the first two games of the series, Storm remains unused in any original titles, making it one of the few spells from this era that did not become a classic mainstay of the typical mage. The spell did not reappear in any form until the release of the PlayStation 2 remake of Tales of Destiny, which redefines the spell's effects to create a modest force of straight-line winds moving perpendicular to the 2D battlefield, generating a small dust cloud centered around the battlefield itself. In Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology and its sequel, the spell is redesigned as a horizontal vortex of green wind, visually similar to Fire Storm and Blizzard.
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) - Arche Klein
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX / iOS) + Full Voice + Cross Edition - Arche Klein (Storm)
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Swordian Clemente, Swordian Igtenos, "Wind Power" Aura Disc (Storm)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Philia Felice, Garr Kelvin
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon - Mahoutsukai costume, Wind Mage costume, Shippuu Kenshi costume, Couleur
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - all Scholar costumes, Majoukko costume, Fencer costume, Arche Klein, Rondoline E. Effenberg, Cave Kitty, Midori no Kaze Matou Shimai
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Shippuu Kenshi costume, Arashi costume, Kamaitachi costume, Wind Mage costume, Thunder Mage costume, Tabigeinin costume, Garr Kelvin
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Garr Kelvin
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Arche Klein (Storm)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Garr Kelvin
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Garr Kelvin
- Tales of VS. - Arche Klein, Philia Felice
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) (DeJap Translations): Storm
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX) (Absolute Zero): Storm
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (Kajitani-Eizan): ?
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): ?
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Phantasia (SFC)
Japanese Description: 風系攻撃呪文の一つ。敵の周りに突風を巻き起こす
Romanized Description: Kaze kei kougeki jumon no hitotsu. Teki no mawari ni toppuu wo maki okosu
Translated Description (DeJap Translations): "Blows chunks of debris into the enemies."
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "Creates a piercing windstorm around the enemy."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Blast an enemy with a gust of wind."
User: Arche Klein
Localized Quote: "This is gonna hurt!"
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 2/2 by JPuga GameFAQs (2001-07-15) Retrieved on 2009-07-01.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.