Arte Description and History
As the arte summoning the Spirit of Wind, all of the artes are wind-related. Sylph first appears in Tales of Phantasia under the command of Claus F. Lester. When summoned, Sylphs create a tornado localized around one enemy. This tornado effect follows Sylph in its appearance in Tales of Eternia, where it will actually lift enemies into the air. As a consumable item in Tales of Destiny, Sylph uses cutting gales to slice the enemy instead.
Sylphystia in Tales of Destiny 2 combines the two effects, with Sylph attacking with cutting wind before summoning tornadoes which fling all the enemies into the air. Summon: Wind in Tales of Symphonia is somewhat different, where the three faeries who collectively make up Sylph do successive attacks. Sephie attacks first by swinging her sword upward to create a cyclone, followed by Yutis, who fires off some arrows, and finishing off with Fairess, who tackles her opponents with her shield. Sylph is also the name of a skill in Tales of Zestiria that enables a chance to reduce Wind-elemental damage.
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 2/2 by JPuga GameFAQs (2001-07-15) Retrieved on 2009-07-01.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2008-03-11.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) Craymel Artes FAQ by Rena Chan GameFAQs (2003) Retrieved on 2008-03-11.
- ↑ Tales of Phantasia (GBA) FAQ/Walkthrough by sonicfreak77 GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- ↑ ~Tales of Incantations~ by Judgey (Internet Archive Wayback Machine) Official Namco Tales Forums (2008) Retrieved on 2008-11-15.