Bwaha, bothering people seems to be a hobby of mine today XD (joke)
I'll just say that what I'm saying here isn't completely sure, as I have yet to get Tales of Phantasia (stupid me ordered so that it comes with ToS:DotNW, which means in February -_-"), but isn't the localized name of Derris-Kharlan in ToP Derris Quaran (and anyway, Symphonia's Derris-Kharlan has a - between the words; did Phantasia have that, as well)? And... even though it's not that important that I really should mention it, but even if all the three Derris-Kharlans in all the three games are by the same name, why can't we... um, kinda just fuse them together and put each of them in each section, kind of how we do with the Summon Spirits?
Penamesolen 22:28, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- The three very very different my friend Iyumi on myspace played Nakari Dungeuon and she said it doesn't seem like Derris Kharlan! Second the one from Phantasia is very different also. Derris Kharlan is the game that took into a more expandive Kharlan full of Civlians and citites in such. Well really can't talk much I have yet to pass Phantasia so meh.--Ratatosk/Zolo 22:33, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm fairly certain I asked for all the Derris Kharlan pages to be merged together a long time ago, probably on Zolo's user talk page. I take the same stance I that have when it comes to artes - they use the same Japanese katakana in all games that Derris Kharlan appears in, so therefore they are the same thing with different localized names.
- It's no different from how Shishisenkou has been localized as "Force", "Chi", and "Beast", but they are all the same thing because they are named the same in Japan, even if they have some variance in execution. Naturally the article should describe how each of them might be different, as long as everything is separated into different sections for each game. That's how I want the artes pages to be organized, and that's how I think all cross-game location pages should be organized too. Unless you want separate pages for Friezkiel and Freezekill... >_>;;
- Mayu Miyuki 22:46, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- Fuse them I'm tired right now guys, plus I'm going to leave for a while so meh just do it.--Ratatosk/Zolo 22:48, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
I really don't mean it if you take offence of this, but it sure is a little confusing when the localized names always are so different and all... ^^"
So, in other words, you think it would be okay if the pages WERE fused together, since they technically and Japanese are the same place? If so, do you know how to fuse two or more pages into one? U-um, that is, if it is possible. If you mean they should be the same page, you have probably tried to make them, one, so if you weren't able, then I maybe shouldn't talk about this in the first place...
Actually I haven't really encountered those artes yet *ToS and TotW:RM-owner*, but I will check on them ^^. The only difference I can see is that one seems English and the other seems... German?
And anyway, if they DO have different ways to execute, those ways are explained in the article, right? Or am I terrible wrong here?
Penamesolen 22:26, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
- Yes I would like it better if the pages are merged. I didn't bother to change anything because I would prefer to let other users make decisions for the pages I don't have any direct control over. That's why I never merged the pages myself - I always ask if there's a reason for keeping things the way they are or if they should be changed, and then I let them decide what to do. (Besides that, I'm lazy and I don't really care. I only make changes to others' pages if it might cause problems later on.) If you think it fits better to have everything listed on one page, go for it.
- To combine the articles, just rewrite all of the existing ones into a single page. There is no magic button to combine them all, you have to do it manually. If there are any differences, make sure to explain them in the article. (In other words, to answer your "if they DO have different ways to execute" question, yes.) Then convert the existing pages into redirects to the main article.
- As for the Shishisenkou thing, I was giving an example. If it's too confusing, just ignore me. Or bash Namco, whichever you want.
- Mayu Miyuki 23:30, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
I need a verification of the use of the dash in "Derris-Kharlan" - which games use it in the name?