Tales of Vesperia PS3
I think that the wing-attack for Patty's mystic arte, Summon Friends, is actually Luna and not an angel of Cruxis. True, it has wings, but if you watch closely on the legs before she casts the spell, you can see the skirt resembling Symphonia-Luna's. Also, the spell that people think is Judgment may actually be the same spell she uses when Sheena summons her in Symphonia (I thin kit was multiple Shining Ray's or something like that).
Penamesolen 12:48, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
- You might be right, but Estelle is the one who is considered to be the "summoner" of the game, the one who "makes the pacts" with the "summon spirits" of the game, even if she never really uses them in battle like Grune, outside of Ultimate Elements. Luna and Shadow do not officially exist within the Vesperia continuity, and the elemental spirits that make up the four primary elements are all associated with Estelle. I think it would be odd to have Patty summon one of the elemental spirits on her own, when there has been no mention of Luna within the game. Besides, doesn't Luna usually appear sitting on a crescent moon?
- Yes, which is why it doesn't make sense. On my LiveJournal, one of my friends mentioned that she could see Remiel's halo on the angel, and for a while we thought that the creature was him (everything to not think it was a cameo of a random angel enemy with an ugly nose). But then I noticed that the skirt resembled Luna's more than Remiel's. Besides, look at the legs and the butt; you can see that it looks like the creature is sitting on something, just like Luna. And when I watch closer, the halo my friend mentioned look more like a gloria/whatever goody people have to sign innocence, which may be Luna's. And I don't think Nambai has enough shame to actually use a random angel of Cruxis just to cast Judgment.
- Curse you, Nambai, for making obvious dameos for Eternia, Destiny 2 and Abyss, but not for Symphonia. Everything would have been easier if you just used Yggdrasill or Colette.
- Penamesolen 14:34, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, this is an interesting thought. Mayhaps you should make a topic about it on the official Tales forums, to see what the broader community thinks about this?
- And Vesperia already gets three separate cameo battles for the same one character from Symphonia... but they really should get rid of all the Abyss cameo spamming and add a lot more stuffs for the truly underrepresented games like Rebirth and Legendia. Where's the love for Saleh and Walter!? >_>;;
Or at least some Alice x Saleh SM-play*shot*
- I'll do that. Or check if someone else has noticed it. It can't be THAT unnoticed when even I see it.
- I agree that it becomes tiring. Someone mentioned that the monsters appearing in RaiMai1&2 are all from Abyss, and even RaiMai2's middle bosses are from Abyss (how did the Liger Queen get there?). I think that Abyss' storyline is one of the best so far with the best character development, but I think it's going a little far. Maybe Nambai are afraid that if they use too many or too obvious cameos that did not appear outside Japan, it won't be localized. They did, after all, state that the NariDan games wouldn't be localized because of too many characters from unlocalized games.
- Saleh retired from work after becoming Decus' father and failing to raise his son to be just as sadistic as him. [/failed joke]
- Penamesolen 15:45, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
XD I had the same thought too, but I didn't see any moon association that I could use to definitively claim it as Luna. I think I'm swayed more by your arguments though. Lanate (talk) 00:07, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
Tales of Xillia 2
In Tales of Xillia 2, Elize has a pen pal who goes by the name "Luna", but is actually Chancellor Marcia. So should we make a redirective note on the top of the page since from what I know making disambigs is avoided at all costs.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 16:37, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Is this character actually meant to represent the spirit Luna? If the name "Luna" is used as an alias, then treat it as a separate character and make note of the alias as simply a reference. A redirect implies that this character would be on par with Sylph&Co. Remember that there -is- a spirit Aska in the game, although Aska is totally a pedophile when it comes to babby-Jude.