Should this be split into two pages based on Martel Yggdrasil, the goddess figure and the half-elf she was based off of, and Martel the Spirit? I'm pretty sure that there was a distinction made between the two of them. Lanate (talk) 22:06, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- They are, actually, different people, and even the mana spirit at the end of Symphonia denies that she is Mithos' sister Martel. Basically, Martel Yggdrasil is the half-elf sister of Mithos Yggdrasil who died in the war and was posed as a goddess for the enxt four thousand years, and then her soul was fused with thousands of others to create the mana spirit for the new world tree, who named herself Martel and looks very alike her. And if the connectiosns between Symphonia and Phantasia are canon, then said mana spirit stil exists (though decided to have a make-over?) and warned Cless of the eventual danger of the world.
- So yes, they're different people, I'd say. They might have some connection, but that's not much evne though fans and the manga think otherwise. I've also been planning to separate them, but I've been busy with other things, so I haven't bothered yet.
- Penamesolen 22:51, December 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, Martel Yggdrasill and Martel the spirt of the Sekaijuu Yggdrasill are different entities. The spirit just happens to take the appearance of Mithos's sister. And Martel in Phantasia is indeed the same spirit, but the vision that Cless has isn't her warning him about the tree (since by that point she is already quite literally dead along with that tree), but a vision of the past, of her begging others not to harm the tree while it was still alive. Don't ask how that works out in story terms, it's another one of those Wolfteam things.
- Oh, yeah, sorry I forgot :P ...Maybe the vision was a reaction to his pendant, which somehow was part of sealing Dhaos away? Also, I'm sorry for asking such a question here, but school ended yesterday, so... my computer says that a sentence with "[most] likely" is supposed to be after the verb, but I think that sounds weird and that it should be before the verb, like how I've written up until now. Which of them is right? ó__ò
- Penamesolen 23:49, December 19, 2009 (UTC)