First, I would like to say that I wasn't aware this page existed. So I would like to thank the anonymous user who noticed this page and added to it, with a significant contribution of information.
But there are quite a few points that I want to consider for editing, which I might do myself if I have the time. For instance, since this page is about the Hi Ougi tier of skills, it should be themed towards the specifics of how to activate them or make them available, rather than listing those that do exist. The listing part can be retained, but descriptions of those individual skills can be directed to pages for each skill, per the skill database project that I have started (see my user page for more info).
Also, there should be certain specifications of what qualifies as a "Hi Ougi" (lit. "secret special skills") or not. In my opinion, skills such as Elemental Master and Eternal Hammer do not qualify because they can be accessed through the skill menu, and therefore they would be mere Arcane Artes (ougi) instead. This is regardless of any cut-in images that might appear during skills. For example, cut-ins were also added to many enemy ougi skills in the PSP port of Tales of Rebirth, but this does not upgrade their skills to the Hi Ougi status. Granted, players cannot access these skills through menu use anyway, due to their use by the enemy characters, but the Hi Ougi in this game is defined through the "Finality Charge Break" system. (And this sort of thing should be explained within the article too.)
And finally, there is the naming convention for the article. The use of English plural suffixes for Japanese words, it bothers me. A LOT. (Also the use of dashes bothers me sometimes, but this is mere preference since most other fans of the series continue to use the dash.) So whenever I get around to editing this article, I may just dump my edits onto the "Hi Ougi" page and convert "Hi-Ougis" to a redirect. But for the sake of time and simplicity right now, I'm gonna make a few redirects to this page today, and I'll change the redirects when a proper article is in place.
I apologize if I'm being too critical without pursuing the actions for myself, but I'm just stating what's on my mind. I don't have time to work on this today, and Mabinogi has been controlling my life lately~ ヘ(^-^ヘ)(ノ^-^)ノ
Edit 1: fixed the "Mabinogi" link I added...
Edit 2: Oh wait, apparently redirects were already created, like last month. I never noticed them.... nevermind about that then.
Mayu Miyuki 22:23, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3
Hold, hold, hold. What're you putting for Hi-Ougi in this game? The "pinch" skills, the ones with the HP requirements, are these:
- Final Prayer
- Kou'ou Tenshouyoku
- Majin Rengokusatsu
- Meikuu Zanshouken
- Tenshou Souhazan
- Wild Geese
- Zankuu Tenshouken
- Right, I forgot to ask about this myself. The only ones that can be considered "mystic artes" are the ones that require critical HP levels, and therefore can be used once per battle. Everything else, even if it creates the "flash" effect, is an arcane arte only, and they can be spammed as much as any other arte. All of those that Lanate did not list must be removed.
- Or... I'll do it myself. Meh.
- Mayu Miyuki 03:40, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
Mystic Arte Lists
- I'd rather have an explanation/exposition of the history of mystic artes throughout the series, defining their role and mechanics within each game, and not a boring list with the same words repeated over and over. I never wanted mere lists to begin with, without relating the significance of the "mystic arte" itself.
- For the ones that are "unviewable", it's simple to make pages for each of them, describing the artes themselves and their particular methods of execution. If they don't exist, then it's clear where the effort is needed, no? Individual pages can provide a far greater range of info than "x character uses y" repetition.
- Yumemi Hoshino (talk) 01:08, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
Unused Hi Ougis
After hearing some of the dummied out voices of the japanese version of Tales of Legendia, I've began to notice some of them sounded like Hi Ougis. I checked on the official Tales of Forums and read there appearantly might have been plans to have Hi Ougis in Legendia. Do we make a note of this in the article?--'Misao'Smile :) 09:18, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
- No. People tried to add the same thing before, but these are unused and therefore not part of the game as it is intended to be played. Graces has an abnormally large amount of unused voice data, and even Destiny PS2 has Blue Earth and Swordian voices for all attacks. Others can speculate all they want about what the unused voices might have been used for, but there is no way for us to know unless the devs tell us.
Zelos' Hi-Ougi in Radiant Mythology 2
Zelos is able to perform his Hi-ougi with High level magic spells, so i have put it in with the other spell activated hi-ougi, not sure about the Angel Skills though as i have not tried but if it did activate it then should it not be put in a separate activation like Tears where she can activate with both magic and fonic hymns? so magic and angel skills? ([User:Ashtonwright|Ashtonwright])
- Yeah, just make a separate bullet point for Zelos if it activates both ways for him.
Xillia Mystic Artes
What about the Mystic Artes from Tales of Xillia? Can't leave them ignored for too long.