I disagree with putting very text-heavy content into tabular form like this, on any page. This should be like any other content-based article, formatted by section as it was previously, though I think an overall summary of the animation and its differences from the game and manga would be better than a summary per episode.
That took me a long time to do. It's whatever. Change it back if you want.
What did we decide on this? I know I sounded pissy before, and it's because I was. It took a fucking while to do lol, but I can understand why you oppose the change. Keep in mind nearly this entire article derives from Wikipedia, and I'd like to comment that while the other animated series greatly differ from their respective games, the ToTA animation really stays true to the game. It's hardly condensed, and most, if not all, core content of the game is present (certain sidequests and subevents are obviously omitted). I believe nearly all characters are present, as well. I'm all for changing it back, and I'll do it myself. It's just that I can't simply undo it, as I fixed a number of typos, and the monster paragraphs are still in need of further breaking down. I can work on this whenever.
- I left it open because I don't feel a need to force my opinion. I just think it makes the page even more condensed, especially since the table width stops where the GameInfo box begins to avoid overlapping page objects. This means all of the text will stay constrained within a table that does not use the full editable page width, rather than just letting the text flow around the GameInfo box as before due to wordwrapping. It also leads to massive whitespace in entire area below the GameInfo box, which is a really inefficient use of what little space there already is for content. I also think that it was easier to navigate when the episodes were displayed as headers, so that the table of contents at the top can be used to skip to the proper episode.
- I do think that a separate table can be used to display the episode name (including breakdown of JP text/romanizations like the usual lists) and release dates, but the summary content really should be separate from that. Tables ideally should not be so text-heavy. And I forget, this series was aired first on TV and not distributed direct-to-DVD like Phantasia/Symphonia right?
- Would it be better to have the episode list on its own (possibly sub) page and dedicate the top level to discussing the series as a whole, like wikipedia does? Additionally, I believe that wikipedia's way of formatting a list of episodes is visually better, as it doesn't constrain the paragraph-sized episode summary into a portion of the full page.
- The anime was broadcast on TV first, yes.
It does lack "The Animation". I believe this was done in order to be consistent with the other titles. Seeing as how it's on so many pages and file names now though, I couldn't imagine changing it.
- We shouldn't be disseminating false information though. What feels right shouldn't trump what is right. Lanate (talk) 21:32, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
Sounds good. Glad you're volunteering to change it on those 100+ pages.
- Okay, sure. Can you move this page to Tales of the Abyss (anime) then, since you're an admin? Lanate (talk) 01:11, August 8, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks. We should be back on track now.
Making note that the majority of this page's content was taken from Wikipedia a while back (2009) and has quite possibly been revised several times since then. Seeing as how not much of the page's content is original, Wikipedia will be left as a reference in addition to this acknowledgement.