Translation in violation of copyright policy
I have checked Wikia's copyright policies and FULL translations are in violation of copyright. Therefore, all articles that are full translations will be deleted. Please do not restore the articles or translations in anyway. Full translations, for that matter translations, do not serve the purpose in or as encyclopedic content, unless used in addendum to an existing article to explain topic of that article. I will try to post this message on the community portal as well. --Imaginationac 04:10, 31 March 2007 (UTC)
You know, I find it weird that Erin Fitzgerald's website states that she voices Arria Ekberg in Tales of the Tempest (Web Archive in case that information is removed). I have no idea how long it's been there, but it seems that at least at one point Bamco considered localizing the game.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 12:09, July 3, 2015 (UTC)
- First, no one would even want a localization of Tales of the Tempest, for very obvious reasons when you consider how the Dimps interpretation of the Tales formula was implemented. I mean, it's an okay game taken by itself, and I have argued in support of some things this game did, but it really is so bad that the Mothership/Escort system was established to retcon this game's status as a main series game and simultaneously claim that Innocence would be the "first" Tales on the DS, which would ostensibly be the official 7th gen console for the Tales series for the forseeable future... which ended one week -before- Innocence was released because of the spontaneous lolVesperia announcement trailer. Do note that this game doesn't even have space for voice acting due to how inefficiently the game was programmed to fit on the DS flash cart, except for in-battle cries and arte names. Innocence is leagues better because it was one of the first games to use the bigger flash cart sizes, and Alfa System knows how to Tales.
- The more likely scenario is that a Triverse remakegination of the game is/was being developed secretively enough that there is still no information about it, with the intention to localize the game like they did with Hearts. It's practically guaranteed that Tempest would be the final game to round out the Triverse, and that any sort of revisiting of this game or world would require such an overhaul that it may as well become a separate game. But this is just speculation, like any other idea you or anyone else can come up with. The truth is that nothing actually exists, and this VA credit is for something that never materialized and shouldn't be acknowledged.
- Audrey Belrose is my spirit animal. (talk) 13:09, July 3, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, I was just curious about that information since I discovered it a few weeks ago, but since you're saying it's hardly a Tales of game (or I understand such thing from the way you're speaking) then it appears to be no plans regarding this game and the game is in state of... oblivion of sorts, I suppose.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 17:37, July 3, 2015 (UTC)
Unlike Innocence, I will not be using Absolute Zero's translations for Tempest. Like at all. There's not that many terms that can be interpreted in the first place, so some of AZ's literal translations can have redirects but nothing more. Maybe. I haven't decided yet. To clarify, this means:
- "Areulla" instead of "Aurella"
- "Leymon" instead of "Leimorne"
- "Couber" instead of "Coubert"
- "Pensient" instead of "Patient"
- "Life Magic" instead of "Law of Life"
- "Presiputh" instead of "Precepts"
I think that's all. I'll also be using "Beast War" instead of "Wereman Battle", which is a translation found in the script I used to play the game.
- Only comment is that Link localized the last one a Precepts. Lanate (talk) 22:36, March 24, 2017 (UTC)
Oh no! Are you serious? Now I'm reconsidering everything. AZ's translations are pretty literal. Makes me wonder where our terms/spellings come from?
Hmm. I'm leaning more toward AZ's stuff now. Do you have a good list? And does it fall in line with ToLink localizations, if others exist? Romanizations from guides. I'll take anything. I just want a solid reference list of terms to be used consistently. Also, what's your opinion? Go with AZ?
- Not really, no. Link on localizes things piecemeal, so these are the only Tempest terms/locations that got localized:
- Precepts for プリセプツ
- Feln for フェルン
- Lycanth for リカンツ
- We might get Leymon one day too. The only official romanizations we know about are the characters from the website; I don't know if anyone's guides ever romanized anything. Lanate (talk) 15:12, March 25, 2017 (UTC)
Well, I like our rule of not ignoring localized terms. I guess we'll use those spellings and fill in the rest with my original suggestion so that we don't have to change much of what has already been established on this wiki. I personally don't like AZ's spellings, and "Pensient"/"Life Magic" sound better than "Patient"/"Law of Life" to me. Let's just do that, and if ToLink introduces anything else, it shouldn't be difficult to make the necessary changes.
Oh that's right. I had nearly forgotten.