Tempest Rain: Alpha (翔雨裂空撃 Shou'u Rekkuugeki?, "Soar Draw Sky Attack") is an arte that combines the Tempest Strike and Sword Rain: Alpha artes, thus far exclusive to Reid Hershel from Tales of Eternia.
Arte Description and History
Reid attacks the enemy with several quick thrusts, followed by an upward stab that launches the enemy into the air. Reid then jumps higher into the air, spinning vertically to slash the enemy several more times before finally jumping backward to land on the ground. This attack is excellent for finishing combos due to its high hit count.
This attack is practically identical to Sword Rain: Tempest in both style and animation. However, both Sword Rain: Tempest and Tempest Rain: Alpha are named differently in the Japanese games, consistent with the different English names, even appearing within the same game in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. Therefore, both artes are considered to be separate and related only through their bases.
- Tales of Eternia - Reid Hershel (Neo Tempest Swarm)
- Tales of the Abyss - Reid Hershel (Neo Tempest Swarm)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Reid Hershel
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Reid Hershel
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Reid Hershel (Tempest Rain: Alpha)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Reid Hershel
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Reid Hershel
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "Sacred Skill that combines Neo Swarm and Tempest Strike."
Tales of the World; Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Arcane: A combination of Sword Rain: Alpha & Tempest."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.